Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY 5A 1st round playoff matchups?

Featured Replies

Highlands, CCH, Dixie, and Holmes will play what four teams?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, I think that district will have the following pairings for the playoffs.

 

@ D5 #1 - Highlands

D6 #4 - Ashland Blazer

 

D5 #3 - Dixie Heights

@ D6 #2 - Woodford County

 

@ D5 #2 - Covington Catholic

D6 #3 - Bryan Station

 

D5 #4 - Holmes

@ D6 #1 - Johnson Central

I believe Johnson Central, Woodford Co, Bryan Station, and Ashland Blazer.

 

As of right now here are the standings from that district:

Johnson Central: 6-0 (2-0 W vs Woodford Co ; Bryan Station)

Woodford Co: 4-2 (2-1 W vs Montgomery Co ; Bryan Station L- Johnson Central)

Ashland Blazer: 4-2 (1-0 W vs Montgomery Co)

Bryan Station: 3-3 ( 1-2 W vs Montgomery Co ; L- Woodford Co, Johnson Central)

Montgomery Co: 2-5 (0-3 L- Ashland, Woodford Co, Bryan Station)

In my opinion, I think that district will have the following pairings for the playoffs.

 

@ D5 #1 - Highlands

D6 #4 - Ashland Blazer

 

D5 #3 - Dixie Heights

@ D6 #2 - Woodford County

 

@ D5 #2 - Covington Catholic

D6 #3 - Bryan Station

 

D5 #4 - Holmes

@ D6 #1 - Johnson Central

 

Beat me to it.

Might seem like long odds, but what if Scott beats Dixie, CCH beats Holmes and Holmes, Scott, and Dixie all have 1-3 records in the district? Who would be the odd team out?

Might seem like long odds, but what if Scott beats Dixie, CCH beats Holmes and Holmes, Scott, and Dixie all have 1-3 records in the district? Who would be the odd team out?

 

I believe in that case Scott would still be the odd teams out since they lost to Holmes. Very confusing though to think about.

 

I THINK the only way the seedings could change is if Holmes beats CCH and Scott beats Dixie. In that case the teams finish this way:

 

1. Highlands (4-0)

2. Holmes (2-2) (Head to head W over CCH gives them the 2 seed)

3. CCH (2-2) (Head to head loss to Holmes and Scott W over Dixie drops them to 3 seed)

4. Scott (1-3) (Head to head W over Dixie and Holmes W over CCH gets them in)

 

I could be wrong about that scenario though so if I am, someone just correct me.

In my opinion, I think that district will have the following pairings for the playoffs.

 

@ D5 #1 - Highlands

D6 #4 - Ashland Blazer

 

D5 #3 - Dixie Heights

@ D6 #2 - Woodford County

 

@ D5 #2 - Covington Catholic

D6 #3 - Bryan Station

 

D5 #4 - Holmes

@ D6 #1 - Johnson Central

 

This truely can be a sweep for the 1st round by NKY !

If those are the matchups, I could honestly see NKY going 1-3.

If those are the matchups, I could honestly see NKY going 1-3.

 

I totally agree. NKY 5A is down, and the competition will be stiff for CCH, Dixie and Holmes.

I believe Johnson Central, Woodford Co, Bryan Station, and Ashland Blazer.

 

As of right now here are the standings from that district:

Johnson Central: 6-0 (2-0 W vs Woodford Co ; Bryan Station)

Ashland Blazer: 5-2 (2-0 W vs Montgomery Co; Woodford Co.)

Woodford Co: 4-3 (2-2 W vs Montgomery Co ; Bryan Station L- Johnson Central; Ashland)

Bryan Station: 3-3 ( 1-2 W vs Montgomery Co ; L- Woodford Co, Johnson Central)

Montgomery Co: 2-5 (0-3 L- Ashland, Woodford Co, Bryan Station)

 

 

Ashland beat Woodford Satuday night 54-44. I've updated your standings above.

I totally agree. NKY 5A is down, and the competition will be stiff for CCH, Dixie and Holmes.

 

I agree but I still think CCH and Highlands get the W's in the first round and quite frankly wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie win as well.

 

The only team who will really be overmatched is Holmes against Johnson Central.

This truely can be a sweep for the 1st round by NKY !

 

I have to respectfully disagree with you Red Heat. As much as I pull for Holmes, I'd be shocked if they beat JC at JC. At best we'll go 2-2 in my opinion.

If you make the assumption that Johnson Central beats Montgomery County, there are four possible scenarios for District 6.

 

Scenario #1

Johnson Central defeats Ashland/Ashland defeats Bryan Station

1. Johnson Central

2. Ashland Blazer

3. Woodford County

4. Bryan Station

 

Scenario #2

Ashland defeats Johnson Central /Ashland defeats Bryan Station

1. Ashland Blazer

2. Johnson Central

3. Woodford County

4. Bryan Station

 

Scenario #3

Johnson Central defeats Ashland/Bryan Station defeats Ashland

1. Johnson Central

*Three-way tie between Ashland, Bryan Station and Woodford County

 

Scenario #4

Ashland defeats Johnson Central /Bryan Station defeats Ashland

1. Ashland Blazer

2. Johnson Central

3. Woodford County

4. Bryan Station

Might seem like long odds, but what if Scott beats Dixie, CCH beats Holmes and Holmes, Scott, and Dixie all have 1-3 records in the district? Who would be the odd team out?

 

That is what I was wondering...do my Eagles have a chance or are they done?

I believe that these two districts have to be about the strongest top to bottom in 5A....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.