Elder, OH 56 Covington Catholic 7

Birdsfan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to tell me what possible good can come from CovCath continuing to schedule like this. Seriously, I hope Coach B. tones the scheduling down a notch. This game does absolutely no good for the CovCath program (unless you are talking $$$).

-CardinalsFan

Someone needs to tell me what possible good can come from CovCath continuing to schedule like this. Seriously, I hope Coach B. tones the scheduling down a notch. This game does absolutely no good for the CovCath program (unless you are talking $$$).

-CardinalsFan

I am pretty sure CCH is taking the schedule down a notch.

I never would have thought CC would be this down ever.

lol, relax, it's ELDER. Did you expect them to go over and blow them out and upset the entire Cincinnati area?

No, more than likely, to my displeasure, they probably will not be state champions, but they will make a run in playoffs. They are a good football team. They only look down because they are getting beat by Highlands, Mooney and Elder. If that makes them down, then NKY is down. :jump:

CCH isn't just losing games, they're getting blown out.

The schedule has been brutal, but as a Cov Cath fan any loss is disappointing. A blow out is almost unheard of.

With that said, they're playing the best around. I don't think losing to Elder, Cardinal Mooney, Highlands & Beechwood is anything to be ashamed about. Hopefully they can still make a run at the playoffs, which is what matters anyway.

The only games that matter now are the Holmes and the playoff games, all the other games just get you ready to play in those games.

Others might like to see the schedule cheapen, but me, I go with tradition, and traditionly CovCath plays the best year in and year out and so far it has worked. Having a schedule that alllows you to go 9-1 or 9-2 means nothing if it doesn't get you ready to play in the playoffs.

Live from Murray State University......

After I wrote my above comment about the schedule, I got to thinking of the games that theoldguy played in that we (CovCath) got killed in. CC and CCH24 (or any CovCath BGP's poster who wore CovCath across your chest) from reading your posts I get the opinion that you both might have wore a uniform with CovCath on it at one time in your lives, so what did you think of cheapening the schedule? Me? While no one likes to get killed in a game, those games were the ones that you found out a lot about not only yourself but your teamates. Personally, I hated playing the teams we blew out, as it wasn't any fun beating the sister of the poor by a ton. Here hoping the Colonels continue to play the best because we (CovCath) are one of the best!