Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let The Debate Begin....

Featured Replies

Ryan Ernst posted this on the Enquirer high school blog yesterday. There have been a number of great high school football players from this region since 2003.

 

Of course, this is subjective, and based on one person's opinion. What would your team look like?

 

Best I've seen ...

Posted by RyanErnst at 10/6/2008 5:33 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

 

I got into a conversation with someone the other day about the best football players I've covered in my six seasons on the Northern Kentucky beat. What would my all-time team look like? Probably something like this:

 

 

OFFENSE

 

QB: Drew Ellison, CovCath

 

RB: Cory Farris, Boone County

 

RB: Dustin Menetrey, Beechwood

 

OL: Sean Sester, Highlands

 

OL: Marcus Davis, Boone County

 

OL: Mike Donoghue, CovCath

 

OL: Dominic Mainello, Beechwood

 

OL: Scott Wise, Highlands

 

TE: Peter Sutton, CovCath

 

WR: Josh Canafax, NewCath

 

WR: Kurt Bovard, CovCath

 

K: Shane Popham, CovCath

 

DEFENSE

 

DL: Victor Singleton, Conner

 

DL: Justin Smith, NewCath

 

DL: Zack Kiernan, NewCath

 

DL: Drew Davis, Beechwood

 

LB: Vince Murray, Ryle

 

LB: Sam Flynn, CovCath

 

LB: Ben Guidugli, Highlands

 

LB: Jordan Nevels, Highlands

 

DB: Michael Mitchell, Highlands

 

DB: Scott Gray, Ryle

 

DB: Austin Collinsworth, Highlands

 

P: Josh Bleser, CovCath

 

 

 

Thoughts?

 

I was thinking maybe James Thomas (Newport) at receiver. But he had a shorter career and played weaker competition than the guys I have there right now. I was also thinking maybe Sam Diehl (NewCath) or Trevor Stellman (Conner) over Ellison. Did Andy Schulte (CovCath) belong on the offensive line somewhere? Does Duran Jefferson (Holmes) deserve a nod? Scott Kuhn (Conner) anyone?

 

(For the record, this starts with the 2003 football season.)

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Ernst posted this on the Enquirer high school blog yesterday. There have been a number of great high school football players from this region since 2003.

 

Of course, this is subjective, and based on one person's opinion. What would your team look like?

 

Best I've seen ...

Posted by RyanErnst at 10/6/2008 5:33 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

 

I got into a conversation with someone the other day about the best football players I've covered in my six seasons on the Northern Kentucky beat. What would my all-time team look like? Probably something like this:

 

 

OFFENSE

 

QB: Drew Ellison, CovCath

 

RB: Cory Farris, Boone County

 

RB: Dustin Menetrey, Beechwood

 

OL: Sean Sester, Highlands

 

OL: Marcus Davis, Boone County

 

OL: Mike Donoghue, CovCath

 

OL: Dominic Mainello, Beechwood

 

OL: Scott Wise, Highlands

 

TE: Peter Sutton, CovCath

 

WR: Josh Canafax, NewCath

 

WR: Kurt Bovard, CovCath

 

K: Shane Popham, CovCath

 

DEFENSE

 

DL: Victor Singleton, Conner

 

DL: Justin Smith, NewCath

 

DL: Zack Kiernan, NewCath

 

DL: Drew Davis, Beechwood

 

LB: Vince Murray, Ryle

 

LB: Sam Flynn, CovCath

 

LB: Ben Guidugli, Highlands

 

LB: Jordan Nevels, Highlands

 

DB: Michael Mitchell, Highlands

 

DB: Scott Gray, Ryle

 

DB: Austin Collinsworth, Highlands

 

P: Josh Bleser, CovCath

 

 

 

Thoughts?

 

I was thinking maybe James Thomas (Newport) at receiver. But he had a shorter career and played weaker competition than the guys I have there right now. I was also thinking maybe Sam Diehl (NewCath) or Trevor Stellman (Conner) over Ellison. Did Andy Schulte (CovCath) belong on the offensive line somewhere? Does Duran Jefferson (Holmes) deserve a nod? Scott Kuhn (Conner) anyone?

 

(For the record, this starts with the 2003 football season.)

 

How come only 3 DB's? And were Mitchell and Gray CB's or Safeties?

 

Because I would take Joseph Casanada at CB over near anyone. Also, I'd consider Blesser at QB instead of Ellison.

Im glad to see Victor Singleton get the recognition he deserves. Great player and person- too bad he couldnt have pursued a college career.

Brandon Griffin, WR Campbell County put up some of the best numbers in KY HS football for a team that was not very talented (meaning he was the focus of every teams defense). The knock against Brandon was due to injuries, his only great year was his senior year, but he should get recognized.

How come only 3 DB's? And were Mitchell and Gray CB's or Safeties?

 

Because I would take Joseph Casanada at CB over near anyone. Also, I'd consider Blesser at QB instead of Ellison.

 

I agree that Joe should be on the list at Corner. Of course, I probably would have just listed four.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

All of them are fine players...but he missed on quite a few. He's drunk the kool-aid on some of his picks...and hit the nail on the head on some others. I won't name names because...quite frankly...there are too many left out!

How come only 3 DB's? And were Mitchell and Gray CB's or Safeties?

 

Because I would take Joseph Casanada at CB over near anyone. Also, I'd consider Blesser at QB instead of Ellison.

 

I think he went 3 to keep the total to 11. Nevels could be listed as a LB or DB.

I would agree Casanada. He was a nice player for Cov. I am not sure which spot he would replace but I know Mitchell and Gray are playing at two pretty good universities. ;)

Jordan Kramer must be added at RB.

Stellman definately gets to be on that list.

 

Glad to see Victor Singleton on there too, What a monster!

Jordan Kramer must be added at RB.

 

Over Farris or Menetrey..... C'mon

Stellman over Ellison.

 

Possibly Kramer over Menetry. I'd have to see their stats to choose, but Farris is the #1 running back for sure.

Stellman over Ellison.

 

Possibly Kramer over Menetry. I'd have to see their stats to choose, but Farris is the #1 running back for sure.

 

Both were good, but Menetry could absolutely dominate the game. I saw Kramer once, and I found him extremely quick and gritty. However, Menetry carried his team to the state title his senior year. He was a man amongst boys.

I'm glad that Canafax made the list. One of the 5 fastest kids that I've seen live in high school. He could flat out fly.

Over Farris or Menetrey..... C'mon

 

Over Menetrey, absolutely.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.