Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let The Debate Begin....

Featured Replies

Take a look at what former Ludlow star Mike Lewis is now doing at Georgetown as their starter this year. I remember a former BGPs member and Ludlow supporter who sang his praises and got shot down everytime he tried to mention him with Ellison or Stellman. Lewis is now getting his chance to play as a junior and is doing quite well. For my money I would take Mike Lewis as my QB over anyone I have seen play the last 6 or 7 years. Ernst does a nice job but it seems that lately all he does is compile list and tell us what the best games are to go watch. He seems to think the only good football is played at HHS, Beechwood,CCH, NewCath, Boone Cty and tends to act as if the the smaller schools don't ever turn out any good athletes. True the big schools will always have more but for my money Mike Lewis could have played QB then with any school in NKY. Good luck Mike Lewis and continued success.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at what former Ludlow star Mike Lewis is now doing at Georgetown as their starter this year. I remember a former BGPs member and Ludlow supporter who sang his praises and got shot down everytime he tried to mention him with Ellison or Stellman. Lewis is now getting his chance to play as a junior and is doing quite well. For my money I would take Mike Lewis as my QB over anyone I have seen play the last 6 or 7 years. Ernst does a nice job but it seems that lately all he does is compile list and tell us what the best games are to go watch. He seems to think the only good football is played at HHS, Beechwood,CCH, NewCath, Boone Cty and tends to act as if the the smaller schools don't ever turn out any good athletes. True the big schools will always have more but for my money Mike Lewis could have played QB then with any school in NKY. Good luck Mike Lewis and continued success.

 

:thumb:Good post.. Lewis was a tremendous athlete at Ludlow and continues to play well at Gtown.

There's a good one. I forgot about him.... I wonder if Ryan got to see him play or not.

 

Definitely needs to be on this list but as Mr. Infamous stated Ernst seems to limit himself to the tradional NKY powers and probably doesn't get to many Holmes football games.

Take a look at what former Ludlow star Mike Lewis is now doing at Georgetown as their starter this year. I remember a former BGPs member and Ludlow supporter who sang his praises and got shot down everytime he tried to mention him with Ellison or Stellman. Lewis is now getting his chance to play as a junior and is doing quite well. For my money I would take Mike Lewis as my QB over anyone I have seen play the last 6 or 7 years. Ernst does a nice job but it seems that lately all he does is compile list and tell us what the best games are to go watch. He seems to think the only good football is played at HHS, Beechwood,CCH, NewCath, Boone Cty and tends to act as if the the smaller schools don't ever turn out any good athletes. True the big schools will always have more but for my money Mike Lewis could have played QB then with any school in NKY. Good luck Mike Lewis and continued success.

 

Excellent post. IMO the best QB to ever play at Ludlow.

I'm sorry but if you look at the stats of Justin Ross from Bellevue they are better then those of Vince Murray of Ryle. So if you make this list you cannot leave Ross off.

 

Ryle's schedule vs Beechwood's. Vince was a heck of a linebacker.

Take a look at what former Ludlow star Mike Lewis is now doing at Georgetown as their starter this year. I remember a former BGPs member and Ludlow supporter who sang his praises and got shot down everytime he tried to mention him with Ellison or Stellman. Lewis is now getting his chance to play as a junior and is doing quite well. For my money I would take Mike Lewis as my QB over anyone I have seen play the last 6 or 7 years. Ernst does a nice job but it seems that lately all he does is compile list and tell us what the best games are to go watch. He seems to think the only good football is played at HHS, Beechwood,CCH, NewCath, Boone Cty and tends to act as if the the smaller schools don't ever turn out any good athletes. True the big schools will always have more but for my money Mike Lewis could have played QB then with any school in NKY. Good luck Mike Lewis and continued success.

 

He most certainly is a great qb and deserves to be in the conversation. I believe most people mention Ellison or Stellman over him because of the publicity they received and the higher level of competition they faced. Glad to hear he's doing well down there. How's Gtown doing this year?

Stellman over Ellison.

 

Mike Lewis former Ludlow QB over both of them IMO..

Just look at what they are doing in college now. That shows who was really the best. Thats where it evens out. Although I'm not sure what the other two did in college my vote still goes to Mike. Im a little biased though.

It is really hard to get everyone happy with lists but I think you certainly have to put Jordan Kramer on that list because he was just a special player with swivel hips who could score from anywhere on the field.

 

I think Menetry was a stud as well and he took over games.

 

Lincoln Adams would be my only other missed player that I can think of right now. He ran all over good teams including Beechwood and there wasnt a running back faster than Lincoln in the past 5 yrs that I can think of but thats just me.

Just look at what they are doing in college now. That shows who was really the best. Thats where it evens out. Although I'm not sure what the other two did in college my vote still goes to Mike. Im a little biased though.

 

What they do in college has nothing to do with what they did in High school.

What they do in college has nothing to do with what they did in High school.

 

True

I think there would not be much argument here nor amoung the Bird faithfull to switch one of the Highlands OL guys listed and insert Luke Stein instead.

IMO Josh Blesser should replace Ellison. Ellison was good but he acted more like a running back while he played under Coach Rodenburg's offense. Blesser was a much better passer and led Cov Cath to a state title.

IMO Josh Blesser should replace Ellison. Ellison was good but he acted more like a running back while he played under Coach Rodenburg's offense. Blesser was a much better passer and led Cov Cath to a state title.

 

 

Agree about Ellison being more of a rb than a qb. Bleser was def. the better qb of the two. Don't know about the best I've seen though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.