Flu Shots

cvillecat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be getting mine next Wednesday when I go to the doctor. They must be expecting a bad flu season.

Who should get vaccinated this season?

In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, it is recommended by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that certain people should get vaccinated each year. Most of these people are recommended for vaccination because they are at high risk of having serious flu complications or they live with or care for people at high risk for serious complications.

People recommended for vaccination during the 2008-09 flu season are:

• Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
  • Pregnant women
  • People 50 years of age and older
  • People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
  • People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
  • People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
    • Health care workers
    • Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
    • Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)

Read More

Who should get vaccinated this season?

In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, it is recommended by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that certain people should get vaccinated each year. Most of these people are recommended for vaccination because they are at high risk of having serious flu complications or they live with or care for people at high risk for serious complications.

People recommended for vaccination during the 2008-09 flu season are:

• Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
  • Pregnant women
  • People 50 years of age and older
  • People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
  • People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
  • People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
    • Health care workers
    • Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
    • Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)

Read More

:irked: I am not an old person!

I almost wish I had gotten one. I've been slammed hard by the flu the last 24+ hours.

I rarely get it, and when I do, it never hits me as hard as this one has. On the plus side, this should give me a nice head start on a diet, since I've not eaten anything since early yesterday morn. Not much point eating when it won't stay with you long.