Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flu Shots

Featured Replies

How many folks in BGP land get a flu shot each year?

 

I got mine this morning. If it goes as usual, I should be getting sick in the next few days.:lol:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the last few years and have suffered no ill effects .

I will be getting mine next Wednesday when I go to the doctor. They must be expecting a bad flu season.

 

Who should get vaccinated this season?

In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, it is recommended by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that certain people should get vaccinated each year. Most of these people are recommended for vaccination because they are at high risk of having serious flu complications or they live with or care for people at high risk for serious complications.

 

People recommended for vaccination during the 2008-09 flu season are:

  • Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
  • Pregnant women
  • People 50 years of age and older
  • People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
  • People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
  • People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
    • Health care workers
    • Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
    • Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)

Read More

Who should get vaccinated this season?

In general, anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu can get vaccinated. However, it is recommended by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) that certain people should get vaccinated each year. Most of these people are recommended for vaccination because they are at high risk of having serious flu complications or they live with or care for people at high risk for serious complications.

 

People recommended for vaccination during the 2008-09 flu season are:

  • Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
  • Pregnant women
  • People 50 years of age and older
  • People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
  • People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
  • People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
    • Health care workers
    • Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
    • Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)

Read More

:irked: I am not an old person!

:irked: I am not an old person!
So you are pregnant then? :scared:
So you are pregnant then? :scared:

Watch it buddy! I'm not the only one here that had an AARP birthday this year. :p

Watch it buddy! I'm not the only one here that had an AARP birthday this year. :p

Of whom are you talking? ;) :sssh:

I've never gotten one in the past, but with the new addition to the family, the doctor has asked us to get one. I'm not looking forward to it.

Get them for free every year at work.

I almost wish I had gotten one. I've been slammed hard by the flu the last 24+ hours.

 

I rarely get it, and when I do, it never hits me as hard as this one has. On the plus side, this should give me a nice head start on a diet, since I've not eaten anything since early yesterday morn. Not much point eating when it won't stay with you long.

Not much point eating when it won't stay with you long.
If you're throwing up, that's probably not the flu. That sounds like a stomach virus. The flu involves respiratory symptoms.
If you're throwing up, that's probably not the flu. That sounds like a stomach virus. The flu involves respiratory symptoms.

 

I'm not throwing up.

I'm not throwing up.
You didn't accidently take colon-cleanse did you .

Will get mine next week. Insurance co sents a letter a reminder.

I'm not throwing up.
Well, when you said "it won't stay with you long" I just assumed it was exiting from the direction it came. :lol: But if it's the other way, it still applies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.