Top 10 Players in the State?

How big are Kimbro and Jenkins?

And I agree. Both have a dynamic duo. It'd be nice to see a Manual-Holmes match up at some point during the year.

I think a player that a lot underestimate that you may see as a top 10 player by the end of this year is Ricardo's brother J.J. He wasn't much of a scorer last year because he was relied on to defend but anyone who watched him throughout the year can tell the talent is there and he has the ability to take over a game if he decides to turn it up and become more aggressive offensively.

Kimbro is a slender 6-5 and Jenkins is 6-4 and has muscled up some. Both are long with Kimbro having a wide wingspan.

Ricardo's brother will come into his own in due time with hard work. Even brothers will develop at different times. Some players come out of their shells as sophs and others as Seniors. It will happen.

It would be fun watching Manual pair off against Holmes. Pittman, Johnson, Riley, and one or two others from Holmes played together with Jenkins on the same team quite a bit this summer. All are good kids.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimbro is a slender 6-5 and Jenkins is 6-4 and has muscled up some. Both are long with Kimbro having a wide wingspan.

Ricardo's brother will come into his own in due time with hard work. Even brothers will develop at different times. Some players come out of their shells as sophs and others as Seniors. It will happen.

It would be fun watching Manual pair off against Holmes. Pittman, Johnson, Riley, and one or two others from Holmes played together with Jenkins on the same team quite a bit this summer. All are good kids.

I think it was Dom Johnson who played along with Jenkins. Watch for his name this year. I expect him to really shine and turn some heads.

How do all of those smaller guards stack up against some of the bigger ones being mentioned as top 10 players? (R. Johnson, Pittman, Jackson, Cosby, Jenkins)

Just seems that with the kids being 5'10 and 5'11 they might struggle against a bigger guard like R. Johnson who's 6'5

Ask Jenkins and Jackson how they stack up agianst the Faulkner boys. They are smaller than both Jackson and Jenkins. Now we can talk all day about potential in college, but what about right now? I think the record will show that when these players have squared off that Evan and Ethan Faulkner have gotten the better of the other two.

Ask Jenkins and Jackson how they stack up agianst the Faulkner boys. They are smaller than both Jackson and Jenkins. Now we can talk all day about potential in college, but what about right now? I think the record will show that when these players have squared off that Evan and Ethan Faulkner have gotten the better of the other two.

I believe when Jackson has went up against Elliott Co. hes only had 1 other good player on his team. Elliott has 4 very good players. Its hard to compare really. As for with Jenkins I don't know when theyve played so I can't comment on that.

I believe when Jackson has went up against Elliott Co. hes only had 1 other good player on his team. Elliott has 4 very good players. Its hard to compare really. As for with Jenkins I don't know when theyve played so I can't comment on that.

Very good point. I have seen many Elliott Co. fans talk about how they have owned Euton and Jackson. However they have never had Guyn and Phares on their team. I think that changes things a little.;)

Don't know about owning anyone, but there was one common opponant during the season.

Rose Hill went 1 and 1 against Elliott County last year with EC winning by 7 or 11 points, or close to that.

Manual did face Rose Hill and Manual won by close to 30 and called off the dogs in the 3rd qtr. Euton finished with 8 points. Jenkins went for 18 in 19 minutes of playing time. You can interpret any way you wish.

Don't know about owning anyone, but there was one common opponant during the season.

Rose Hill went 1 and 1 against Elliott County last year with EC winning by 7 or 11 points, or close to that.

Manual did face Rose Hill and Manual won by close to 30 and called off the dogs in the 3rd qtr. Euton finished with 8 points. Jenkins went for 18 in 19 minutes of playing time. You can interpret any way you which.

Look I definately respect Jenkins ability, but when I watched the Faulkners go up against Jenkin's AAU team this summer the Faulkners won that battle. One on one Ethan Faulkner gave Jenkins all kinds of problems and got the better of him. I know it is one game.

I'm just pointing out a situation where a smaller guard won the battle agianst a taller opponent.

On that point I watched all summer long as Evan Faulkner successfully limited taller opponents on the AAU circuit.

Good point. And Ethan was in my top 10 too. He's a very good point and one of the best in the state. Jenkins was lucky to be playing at all with a bad lower back, but the rub down, pad, and meds helped him take the court.

Was just responding to owning someone. Jackson and Euton did split with EC and Manual and Jenkins didn't struggle with RH during the season. Its all relevant. Still all players mentioned are talented and will have good seasons coming up.

Good point. And Ethan was in my top 10 too. He's a very good point and one of the best in the state. Jenkins was lucky to be playing at all with a bad lower back, but the rub down, pad, and meds helped him take the court.

Was just responding to owning someone. Jackson and Euton did split with EC and Manual and Jenkins didn't struggle with RH during the season. Its all relevant. Still all players mentioned are talented and will have good seasons coming up.

I agree

Very good point. I have seen many Elliott Co. fans talk about how they have owned Euton and Jackson. However they have never had Guyn and Phares on their team. I think that changes things a little.;)

That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Thats what I was trying to point out too. To say a certain set of guards owns another set makes no sense. Especially with 2 guards as good as Jackson and Jenkins. I believe both those players are better than the Faulkners.

Only pointing out the owning part. Even though Jenkins led Manual to a win over Fayette and went for 28 points against 6-6 Noel Johnson who had 17 (was averaging nearly 36 points for the tourney before that), I wouldn't say Jenkins "owned" Noel Johnson who is a top 50 recruit in the country for 09 and heading to USC. Jenkins even hit 4 straight 3's with one of those in the last seconds to send it to OT. Its just not owning a player, but having a good game.

Jackson played his heart out against Manual. Gave it all he had and even played 31 minutes of the entire 32 minute game. Without him on the floor, it would have been much worse. Jackson literaly had to do it all.