Top 10 Players in the State?

Timmy Knipp should not be mentioned on this list. Average player at best. You would think that playing with the Faulkners he would play with passion and give great effort but I don't see that with him. He has the physical tools but I am not sure that he can be a special player. He is not in the same class as Zollo, Stenzel, Kimbro, Barksdale, Fant and Shanklin.

The Faulkners and Ferguson should be on everyone's list. There are not to many players that play with the intensity, intellegence, and confidence that these three guys play with. Amazing players!!

Timmy is a special player right now. He was a Freshman last year and made some mistakes. He is a much, and let me empahize much improved player from last year, mentally and physically. He is the best player in the class of 2011, with the expection of me not seeing Kimbro play, and will play high major division 1.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy Knipp should not be mentioned on this list. Average player at best. You would think that playing with the Faulkners he would play with passion and give great effort but I don't see that with him. He has the physical tools but I am not sure that he can be a special player. He is not in the same class as Zollo, Stenzel, Kimbro, Barksdale, Fant and Shanklin.

The Faulkners and Ferguson should be on everyone's list. There are not to many players that play with the intensity, intellegence, and confidence that these three guys play with. Amazing players!!

He was only a freshman last year. I have a hard time agreeing with anyone being so down on a player that is that young who has that muc potential.

Timmy is a special player right now. He was a Freshman last year and made some mistakes. He is a much, and let me empahize much improved player from last year, mentally and physically. He is the best player in the class of 2011, with the expection of me not seeing Kimbro play, and will play high major division 1.

Could not disagree more!! At no point did he show that he is a Division I player. He was not much of a factor at the high school level. What did his numbers look like at Elliot?

Don't think you're right on this one!!!!!!!!!

Could not disagree more!! At no point did he show that he is a Division I player. He was not much of a factor at the high school level. What did his numbers look like at Elliot?

I can understand why you dont agree with me Mclovin. At times Knipp did not play well last year but like I have said he is a much improved player. I do disagree that he did not look like a D-1 player at any point last season. Lets remember he was a freshman and he had his moments where he was the best player on the floor and he controled the paint on the defensive end in many games last year. Watch him play the first chance you get this season and I think he will change your mind.

I can understand why you dont agree with me Mclovin. At times Knipp did not play well last year but like I have said he is a much improved player. I do disagree that he did not look like a D-1 player at any point last season. Lets remember he was a freshman and he had his moments where he was the best player on the floor and he controled the paint on the defensive end in many games last year. Watch him play the first chance you get this season and I think he will change your mind.

I think it will be fun to watch these kids play this year. If Timmy can step up and play a significant role it will possibly help Elliot County win a state championship.

At this point we will agree to disagree. I look forward to getting a chance to see him play this year.

Good luck to Timmy and the Elliot County team!!

Timmy was just a freshman last year which is a very young player to expect consistency night in and night out. Also, Timmy's personality is different than the Faulkner's and Ferguson and this reflects over to his court personality. He is more laid back and not a real out-going type A personality. Appears at times that he is not playing hard and is un-involved which I don't think is truly the case.

Another note: According to Jody Demling he dominated several AAU games this summer and reports from those who saw him is that he has made great improvements and also grown this summer to about 6'8". The best game I saw Timmy play last year was in the region SF win over Rose Hill where he really dominated in the paint blocking shots and rebounding includiing several big blocks on Euton down low in critical game situations late in the game.

Let's see how his sophomore season works out and then make our assessment. I think it will be much different than right now.

My comments were not meant to be personal, just observations.

I wish Timmy Knipp the best of luck and hope that he has a very successful career.

I got a private message from Timmy's mom yesterday and she was not happy about my comments. They were not meant to be an attack on Mr. Knipp.

I don't believe that he is the top player in his class and believe that he is going to have to play the game much harder then what I have seen. The number of games that I watched last year he seemed very uninterested.

With that being said he is only a freshman and has a long career ahead of him.

I wouldn't worry much about what people think of your opinion if I were you. It is yours and you are entitled to it. Everyone does not see things alike. You definately should not get jumped on to for your thoughts about a player whoever it may be. I mean this is an discussion board based on everyones opinion.

My comments were not meant to be personal, just observations.

I wish Timmy Knipp the best of luck and hope that he has a very successful career.

I got a private message from Timmy's mom yesterday and she was not happy about my comments. They were not meant to be an attack on Mr. Knipp.

I don't believe that he is the top player in his class and believe that he is going to have to play the game much harder then what I have seen. The number of games that I watched last year he seemed very uninterested.

With that being said he is only a freshman and has a long career ahead of him.

They wern't "jumpin" on you, just telling you what he is going to do this year. Go Elliott.
So, he gets a private message from the kid's mom saying she wasn't happy with his comments when he was simply giving his opinion. And that's not jumping on him?

Whatever!:rolleyes:

My advice for the parents out there who can't stand to hear that their babies aren't top10, top25, topwhatever,,,,,,,,,,,,Don't Read!

Yes everyone is entilted to their own opinions. But I think when you say a child has no passion for the game is insulting that player. Everyone that plays basketball has a passion for it or they would not put their bodies day in & day out through all that. I just think people should pay attention to what they say about any ball players and remember they are just children and suppose to have fun playing. I am not saying Timmy is the best player in the state and does it really matter who is. They all should just have fun because it doesn't last forever.

Yes everyone is entilted to their own opinions. But I think when you say a child has no passion for the game is insulting that player. Everyone that plays basketball has a passion for it or they would not put their bodies day in & day out through all that. I just think people should pay attention to what they say about any ball players and remember they are just children and suppose to have fun playing. I am not saying Timmy is the best player in the state and does it really matter who is. They all should just have fun because it doesn't last forever.

And now you know how the parents of Dakotah Euton feel!:thumb:

Thats one reason I try not to say negative stuff about high school kids. They are young and their parents don't want to read negative stuff about their child (which if they don't its probably better not to get on here). Thats not to say I don't ever say anything negative. Usually I try not to dwell on a player's short comings and rather say good things about what they do well.

In this situation regardless of how he played last year, hes only going to be a sophomore this year and I don't understand criticizing him.

I assume that all of the players that we are talking about want to play college basketball. Each of these players are going to be evaluated a lot over the next couple of years and opinions are going to be formed. College coaches, scouting services, websites and fans are all going to have an opinion on these players and sometimes they are not going to be positive.

If these players and parents don't want anyone to form opinions about their child they wouldn't travel all over the country during the AAU season and have their kids playing in front of college coaches and scouting services every weekend. They wouldn't hire people to promote and market their kids if they didn't want people to evaluate and form opinions.

I applaud these kids for the time and effort that they give to the game of basketball. These kids have committed themselves and put a great deal of time into the game.

My comments are strictly about the game of basketball and the opinions are not personal in nature.