Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

National League Cy Young

Who SHOULD get the NL Cy Young Award? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Who SHOULD get the NL Cy Young Award?

    • Tim Lincecum - SF Giants
      24%
    • Brandon Webb - AZ D'backs
      28%
    • C.C. Sabathia - Mil. Brewers
      48%
    • Ryan Dempster - ChiCubs
      0%
      0
    • Johan Santana - NY Mets
      0%
      0
    • Someone else not listed above
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we will see what the voters think.

 

Touche! :thumb:

  • Author

Wasn't Pedro in the running a few years ago when he was lost for the season right after the AS break?

Wasn't Pedro in the running a few years ago when he was lost for the season right after the AS break?

 

Not sure.

  • Author

I'm just deflecting your question with questions while I try and debate your question in my mind

 

:lol:

A week ago I would've said Tim Lincecum.... But with the way CC carried the Brewers into the playoffs... I think I would vote for him. Though I highly doubt that he wins...

I think many will not vote for Sabathia because of the situation with him being traded, but 7 complete games is not normal in half of a season these days. If you vote for a guy that's not on a playoff team then Lincecum is the choice, he's the best in multiple statistics. If you finish 2nd or last in a division, there is no real difference if you ask me.

And that's not the way it should be, and I'm pretty sure that's changed since then.
The rule is you have to have 502 plate appearances to be eligible to win the batting title. McGee had that, and he would be credited with the batting title in similar circumstances today ... as he should be.
Ok then, it's the same as when people say relievers shouldn't win Cy Young, because they don't pitch enough or whatever. Well CC didn't pitch a whole season in the NL so he hasn't pitched anymore than some relievers.
Sabathia threw 130 innings with Milwaukee. There isn't a reliever in baseball that comes close to approaching that total.

Lincecum wont win it because his team stunk... it's wrong, but true. Sabathia gets my vote.

Lincecum wont win it because his team stunk... it's wrong, but true. Sabathia gets my vote.

 

 

His team stinking makes his stats even more impressive, and makes him a very strong candiate for Cy Young. I will be surprised if Webb/Lincecum don't finish 1-2 in either order.

I think CC had so many more complete games because Milwaukee does not care about his arm because they are just renting him. Im sure Lincicum, Webb, and Santana would have had more complete games if they were not on strict pitch counts.

I think CC had so many more complete games because Milwaukee does not care about his arm because they are just renting him. Im sure Lincicum, Webb, and Santana would have had more complete games if they were not on strict pitch counts.
Four of Sabathia's seven complete games were done in 120 pitches or less.

 

Lincecum had pitch counts of 127, 132 and 138 over the last five weeks.

Four of Sabathia's seven complete games were done in 120 pitches or less.

 

Lincecum had pitch counts of 127, 132 and 138 over the last five weeks.

 

I know that Santana only threw over 120 pitches twice and that was in his last starts when they were desperate to make the playoffs. The only way that Webb got to stay in over about 110 pitches was if he had a shut out. What CC did was impressive but the Brewers definitely gave him a longer leash than normal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.