Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 30 Highlands 21 (JV)

Featured Replies

This should be interesting. The game I believe is tomorrow morning at 10:00am at Covington Catholic.

CCH 30-21 final....

CCH 30-21 final....

 

I saw Duenas and Sullivan in jerseys last night. Were they out for the JV game today as well. I think its safe to assume that.

I saw Duenas and Sullivan in jerseys last night. Were they out for the JV game today as well. I think its safe to assume that.

 

I don't know I wasn't there. I know the jv kids played a ton last night and were probably pretty tired this morning.. JMO...

Many of the guys that normally play JV didn't today. A few that did were beat playing both ways most of last night.

 

Congrats to CCH on the W they did what they needed to to get the win. CCH exploited some mismatches on D with the pass and the Birds had some trouble at times defending the run.

 

It was 24-20 with ~ 6 Min left in the 4th and the Birds couldn't get the stop. CCH with Friday's dead spirit brought back to life were able to put it away with the final score.

 

Carter New is still looking pretty good as a frosh playing QB for the Birds. He had a nice TD pass to Gall. He moves well out of the pocket and shows great poise under fire.

 

I am always amazed by the size differential between Highlands & CovCath. CCH is huge on JV too.

Congrats to CovCath...a glimmer of hope???

Why was Highlands second team so much more effective against Cov. Cath. Friday than they were the previous Friday against Dixie?

Why was Highlands second team so much more effective against Cov. Cath. Friday than they were the previous Friday against Dixie?

 

Clearly it was a lack of effort on the part of CCH's 1st team.

 

I know we all can point to several problems for the Colonels but in my opinion CCH's 1st team getting taken to the woodshed by Highlands' 2nd team was a huge embarrassment for the Colonels.

Why was Highlands second team so much more effective against Cov. Cath. Friday than they were the previous Friday against Dixie?

 

Don't think the pride of HHS 2nd team didn't have them more focused this week. They definitely heard it in films.

 

There may have been a little different personnel in there as well.

I'm not sold on how much work the HHS 2nd team got on Friday. It was 1st teamers up to halftime, and it was a running clock in the 2nd half. Sure they played a "full" half of football, but it was a 61 point game shortly after they came in, and that's how it ended in a 2nd half that lasted about 30 minutes...

Compton played a ton on Fri night and I know he is a big time JV player. Sullivan and Duenas didnt play I would assume due to them being in jerseys on teh sideline on Friday night. Abner is out I believe and CArter New is a Frosh playing QB. I did notice a bunch of 2nd team lineman in the game as well. Congrats to the Colonels for the victory but I certainly dont think the Birds JV were at full strength.

I'm not sold on how much work the HHS 2nd team got on Friday. It was 1st teamers up to halftime, and it was a running clock in the 2nd half. Sure they played a "full" half of football, but it was a 61 point game shortly after they came in, and that's how it ended in a 2nd half that lasted about 30 minutes...

 

Sure, it was an abbreviated half with the running clock, but six quarters of football between a 7PM game on Friday and a 10 AM game on Sat is a lot of football.

 

It was 55 - 0. for the varsity. The JV scored the TD in the second half.

The JV RB's had:

8 carries for 77 yards and a TD

6 carries for 46 yards

5 for 29

1 for 0

 

 

In addition to the second half many of these guys are on special teams. That's a lot of sprints into the end-zone in the first half. There were a bunch of punt returns, extra points etc.

 

A few played both ways the whole second half and played the whole game yesterday.

 

 

By the way, I didn't hear any of these guys complaining. I am sure they were wore out yesterday and are sore today but outside of not winning the JV game they are loving all of it.

I'm not sold on how much work the HHS 2nd team got on Friday. It was 1st teamers up to halftime, and it was a running clock in the 2nd half. Sure they played a "full" half of football, but it was a 61 point game shortly after they came in, and that's how it ended in a 2nd half that lasted about 30 minutes...

 

55 when they came in. 5 and 6th team RBs. I agree with Ru on why they were successful.

I'm not real big on the excuses. CovCath JV beat HHS JV. Hopefully all involved learned from the experience. That's what it's about.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.