Harlan Boy

Who Wins  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been watching football in Harlan for a long time. I know the tenacity of the Dragons, Trojans, Wildcats and Redskins. You see they all use to play against one another. So, I figure if tradition holds true for Harlan County, Breathit County and Pineville both will have a long bus ride home. Both the Dragons and Bears know how important their games are this week, so I suspect they will be wide open giving it everything they've got carrying on the tradition of Harlan county football. I have always said for a long time, if Harlan County football ever combines, the fat lady will sing, cause Harlan County has some fine athletes no matter what color they came from or what color they are wearing now.

I have been watching football in Harlan for a long time. I know the tenacity of the Dragons, Trojans, Wildcats and Redskins. You see they all use to play against one another. So, I figure if tradition holds true for Harlan County, Breathit County and Pineville both will have a long bus ride home. Both the Dragons and Bears know how important their games are this week, so I suspect they will be wide open giving it everything they've got carrying on the tradition of Harlan county football. I have always said for a long time, if Harlan County football ever combines, the fat lady will sing, cause Harlan County has some fine athletes no matter what color they came from or what color they are wearing now.

If only this happened 20 years ago....WOW :dancingpa

The excitement in Harlan County is unbelievable. The tailgating faithful may have a hard time getting a spot. As for the three month ago debate about 3A or 5A is that everyone likes to point out Harlan County is a 5A playing a 3A schedule, but they seem to forget that this team is a brand new team still getting used to new teammates, new players, schemes, etc. They are only 4 games old and people talk of them being a 5A powerhouse (That's next year) when they are still learning. I think I already gave a prediction it was 21-17 HC or something like that. A lot of people were worried how all of these communities were going to get along and I think this football team has had a lot to do with the attitude toward this new school and had a part in bringing all of us together. GO BEARS!!!!

That is my point, if no one considers either team good enough or having slow starts then why so much hype outside of Harlan or Breathitt County? The fans and people inside these communities very well believe it is the game of the year in the Mountains, so leave each to have their own opinion. :irked:

What I was asking are there any big games in the Mountains this week? Excluding this one.

I usually try not to post predictions in football because I end up being embarassed but I think Breathitt wins this game. I've watched Breathitt football for a long.. long time and believe me, crowds on the road do not seem to bother Breathitt much. Someone hit the nail on the head when they talked about the Breathitt receivers not quite being there yet. I think Jade has come into his own. The receivers are good and are fast, just a matter of confidence more then anything else I think. If ayone watched the Breathitt/Estill game you had to have notice that if Fugate had ran the whole game like he did on the last series and the line had blocked the whole game like they did in the 4th qtr. that game wouldn't have been real close. Plus Breathitt took a knee on like the 3 yd line 3 consecutive plays to end the game instead of scoring. I think there's a good chance Breathitt wins tonight by 7-14 points... but they have to limit turnovers. If they shoot themselves i the foot, it could turn out differently.