Harlan County has three very big advantages entering this game:

1. Depth

2. Size

3. Homefield Advantage

Breathitt, conversely, also has some major advantages over HCHS:

1. Skill/Athleticism

2. Big Game Experience

3. An offense designed to be balanced

Breathitt County has had major issues with dropped passes and accuracy in the passing game, as a result the Bobcats were primarily a one-dimensional team in their victory last night over Estill County. If Breathitt does not catch passe, it eliminates their balance and also drastically decrease their other significant advantages. The best thing HCHS can hope for is a one dimensional Breathitt team and a low scoring game.

I will refrain from a prediction right now, but I will say this. If the same Breathitt team shows up in harlan County that played Estill County last night, the Bears will be celebrating a MAJOR win.

I think Harlan County has a lot of players, but not a ton of depth. Also, I don't think Breathitt will have more athleticism than the Bears.

This game will be one of the best games in the mountains this season. I'm worried about Harlan County's defensive secondary, which is their weak link on defense. I think they can make up for it with their defensive line play, though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harlan County has a lot of players, but not a ton of depth. Also, I don't think Breathitt will have more athleticism than the Bears.

This game will be one of the best games in the mountains this season. I'm worried about Harlan County's defensive secondary, which is their weak link on defense. I think they can make up for it with their defensive line play, though.

Breathitt has little to no depth, simply having a body with some playing experience from before the split is an improvement over BC.

HCHS has players with raw athletic ability, but those players are not nearly as polished as the Bobcats' players who have been playing in their system for years.

Your right and I really think it will be close too. I would just like to see Harlan pull out a Win that can boost the rest of the season! But than likely it will be no more than a touchdown game either way.

I'm with HBO on this one! We as Harlan County Black Bear Fans should expect our team to win every Friday. We have a good team to be proud of! Our defense is better then what a lot of people give it credit. I also think our secondary has improved every game. Breathitt better come ready to play. And if you don't expect the Bears to win Friday don't come where I'm tailgating we will run you off! It will be a tuff game but I look for the Black Bears to come out with a hard fought win. They will have the added advantage of this being their first home game the first time they have played together in Harlan County. The excitement or emotions what ever you want to call it will give the Black Bears an edge. Also The Black Bear Nation has had a good crowd at every game so far and I would imagine a lot more people will be out for this one so we will have a huge crowd cheering our Black Bears to victory. Bears win 28-17. Go Bears!!!!!

Thanks for a very insightful and productive post!:rolleyes:

I mean seriously what was your point?:flame:

Bears WILL NOT win this week in my opinion you will have to look on to the following friday for a win. There is that more simple for ya. Sorry didnt mean to confuse you. :thumb:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Breathitt Co. 34-14.

Should be a great atmosphere Friday night. Harlan County played a great second half Friday against Lee High. Very emotional, intense and physical. First time all year I thought they played with emotion except a play or two here and their against LCC. If the Bears can build on that second half, and keep getting better and better each week good things are down the road. Good job Black Bears. Keep on keeping on!

THis one should be a dandy and too close to call!

Whats your take?

Harlan-38

BC- 14

:flame:Bobcats

:confused:???? I would take a one point win over Breathitt Co. I think people see the 2-2 record and think that Breathitt Co. is down. Remember, they have played a very hard schedule to get them ready for district games. BC must have great "D" because they only gave up 6 points to Estill Co.

Harlan Co.- 20

BC- 14