Harlan Boy

Who Wins  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday is offically BLACK OUT FRIDAY! The whole county will be dressed in black and wear their black gear to the game for the first home game. Several festivities are planned by the Booser Club during tailgating which I hear grows each week and may reach hundreds this week. Cornhole tournaments are also going to be going on. Speculation of around 6,000 to 8,000 people may be in attendance, for the Bears big intro.

Based on scores and what both teams have shown to date, this should be a close game that could go either way. To be honest, I expected both teams to be more impressive at this point in the season. But, the reason for that could be that some of their opponents have been better than expected.

I am impartial on this matter, so here is my take:

Harlan County has three very big advantages entering this game:

1. Depth

2. Size

3. Homefield Advantage

Breathitt, conversely, also has some major advantages over HCHS:

1. Skill/Athleticism

2. Big Game Experience

3. An offense designed to be balanced

Breathitt County has had major issues with dropped passes and accuracy in the passing game, as a result the Bobcats were primarily a one-dimensional team in their victory last night over Estill County. If Breathitt does not catch passe, it eliminates their balance and also drastically decrease their other significant advantages. The best thing HCHS can hope for is a one dimensional Breathitt team and a low scoring game.

I will refrain from a prediction right now, but I will say this. If the same Breathitt team shows up in harlan County that played Estill County last night, the Bears will be celebrating a MAJOR win.

You forgot one Harlan advantage.

Harlan County 5A

Breathitt County 3A

I think everyone got my point, I wasn't trying to be exact. The Bears have been paying for a lot of teams new jersey's next year with all the attendance.

They've had unreal crowds on the road. I've never seen anything like it in Harlan County in the past 30 years.