Harlan County vs Breathitt County

Harlan Boy

Who Wins  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

I'm nervous. They are not gonna open the gates to park until 5PM and won't let people in until 5:30PM. This will definately be a community event and should be a great show! I hope that after this first home game that our community & business leaders will recognize the need for a nice big stadium! :D

I'm saying the Black Bears by a touchdown.:ylsuper:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but WYMT is making it the Game of the Week, yet they can't even rank either in the Top 10. That is lousy IMO.

Is there even any good games this week? Breathitt isn't in it due to their slow start and HC. hasn't beaten ANYONE yet.

Is there even any good games this week? Breathitt isn't in it due to their slow start and HC. hasn't beaten ANYONE yet.

That is my point, if no one considers either team good enough or having slow starts then why so much hype outside of Harlan or Breathitt County? The fans and people inside these communities very well believe it is the game of the year in the Mountains, so leave each to have their own opinion. :irked:

That is my point, if no one considers either team good enough or having slow starts then why so much hype outside of Harlan or Breathitt County? The fans and people inside these communities very well believe it is the game of the year in the Mountains, so leave each to have their own opinion. :irked:

All I know is there is BIG TIME excitement about football in Harlan County...I for one am glad to see it.

I'm hearing talk that the crowd might be bigger than the '93 Cawood vs. Bell Co. game. Would love to see that.

But only 11 players play at a time. :confused:

This is what gets me, 5A, 3A....They all dress 11 players, It's not the kids fault, The schools should have combined 20 years ago...

The difference is that smaller schools often have to play many of the same players on both offense and defense, while larger schools have the depth of talent to limit the two-way playing. It's a huge plus in several areas...the obvious advantage is in the games your players are fresher in the second half. The not so obvious is in preparation...high school teams have a limited amount of practice time. When you have to split that time, it hurts. When each unit can get the full amount of time on offense or defense, it helps...also, it helps the team improve when the first team offense faces the first team defense in practice.

I don't think that will play a significant role in this particular game, but there is a good reason high school football is grouped by classes.

34hawks,

I'll take a stab at directions if you are still interested, lol. If you are coming from Cumberland to Harlan, just stay on that road until you get to the Harlan Appalachian Regional Hospital and turn right at the light. A CVS Pharmacy will be on the left at this light. There will be gas station (used to be a Shell station, not sure if it still is or not) on the right where you turn. Just keep going on this little street, which is called Ballpark Road, and you will be there...you can't miss it. You will end up at the old James A. Cawood High School parking lot. :thumb:

Also, if you are coming from Cumberland, you will pass right by the new Harlan County High School on the way to Harlan. You can't miss it either. It is on the right side of the road, it is big and beautiful....and we are awfully proud of it!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by BlackBearDenMother
Added something

Breathit has played a much better schedule than HCC. So I will go with Breathit in a close game.

I think this is a big game and Wymt "Game of the week" b/c there is so much hype about it in both of the communities. First game for the new Harlan Co. school and will be for the district title. Although these two teams are not that good it is still an important game.