Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predict The CATS Starting Five

Featured Replies

My prediction...

 

1. Liggins

2. Meeks

3. Harris

4. Stevenson

5. Patterson

 

6th man- Miller

 

Surprise player of the year- A.J. Stewart

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the starting 5, but I don't see Miller being good enough to be the 6th man yet...

I also agree with your starting 5, but like GT Darius won't be the 6th man. I think it'll either be Galloway or Stewart and my money is going to be on Galloway

To start the season:

PG - Porter

SG - Meeks

SF - Harris

PF - Stevenson

PF - Patterson

 

By the time SEC play starts though Liggins will have taken over the starting duties from Porter. Then you'll see Galloway, Harrellson, Stewart, Miller, Porter, and Krebs all getting action off the bench.

I think Porter will start as well.

 

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Patterson

Liggins will fare better in the SEC IMO.

Liggins

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Patterson

For those of you who are listing your starting lineups.

 

You do remember that Mark Coury started almost every game last year, right?

 

I think it is a lock that Michael Porter will start this year. At least in the beginning of the year.

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Patterson

Liggins is the 6th man until he takes over the point guard role 10 or 15 games in. Galloway and Stewart get good minutes, I really like Stewart.

Miller and Harrelson could see some valuble time.

For those of you who are listing your starting lineups.

 

You do remember that Mark Coury started almost every game last year, right?

 

I think it is a lock that Michael Porter will start this year. At least in the beginning of the year.

 

I think Coury starting the first game had something to do with him pulling down the most boards in a recent practice if I remember correctly.

 

After that, I honestly think it kind of became a superstition/motivational move/scared to let Stevenson get in foul trouble kind of thing.

 

As for my starting lineup :

 

Meeks

Patterson

Stevenson

Harris

Liggins

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Patterson

Liggins is the 6th man until he takes over the point guard role 10 or 15 games in. Galloway and Stewart get good minutes, I really like Stewart.

Miller and Harrelson could see some valuble time.

 

Miller will see more time than most think IMO.

I think Porter will start as well.

 

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Patterson

 

Say it aint so.......:madman:

Galloway

Meeks

Harris

Patterson

Harrelson

 

 

Liggins will eventually become the starting PG. Then you will see a 4 man rotation at the 2-3 Meeks, Harris, Miller, and Galloway.

 

Stevenson will play signifigant minutes off the bench from the get go. He can come in for either Patterson or Harrelson.

 

If Pilgrim would have got eligible I would have said sweet 16 for sure. Now I'm not as certain.

My prediction...

 

1. Liggins

2. Meeks

3. Harris

4. Stevenson

5. Patterson

 

6th man- Miller

 

Surprise player of the year- A.J. Stewart

 

I agree with your starting five. The key to UK winning 18 games or 23 games has to with the development of Liggins. If he is not able to effectively run the point by mid-season, it will be a bad season for UK.

 

I still see UK as offensively challenged but an athletic group that will defend. It took a while last year for UK to grasp the BG defensive scheme, but when they did, the season quickly turned.

 

Billy G needs to do his best recruiting job this year in keeping PPat for an additional season :D

Galloway

Meeks

Harrellson

Patterson

Harris

6th Man- Stevenson or Liggins

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.