• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start the season:

PG - Porter

SG - Meeks

SF - Harris

PF - Stevenson

PF - Patterson

By the time SEC play starts though Liggins will have taken over the starting duties from Porter. Then you'll see Galloway, Harrellson, Stewart, Miller, Porter, and Krebs all getting action off the bench.

For those of you who are listing your starting lineups.

You do remember that Mark Coury started almost every game last year, right?

I think it is a lock that Michael Porter will start this year. At least in the beginning of the year.

I think Coury starting the first game had something to do with him pulling down the most boards in a recent practice if I remember correctly.

After that, I honestly think it kind of became a superstition/motivational move/scared to let Stevenson get in foul trouble kind of thing.

As for my starting lineup :

Meeks

Patterson

Stevenson

Harris

Liggins

Galloway

Meeks

Harris

Patterson

Harrelson

Liggins will eventually become the starting PG. Then you will see a 4 man rotation at the 2-3 Meeks, Harris, Miller, and Galloway.

Stevenson will play signifigant minutes off the bench from the get go. He can come in for either Patterson or Harrelson.

If Pilgrim would have got eligible I would have said sweet 16 for sure. Now I'm not as certain.

My prediction...

1. Liggins

2. Meeks

3. Harris

4. Stevenson

5. Patterson

6th man- Miller

Surprise player of the year- A.J. Stewart

I agree with your starting five. The key to UK winning 18 games or 23 games has to with the development of Liggins. If he is not able to effectively run the point by mid-season, it will be a bad season for UK.

I still see UK as offensively challenged but an athletic group that will defend. It took a while last year for UK to grasp the BG defensive scheme, but when they did, the season quickly turned.

Billy G needs to do his best recruiting job this year in keeping PPat for an additional season :D