Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titans 24 Bengals 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 79
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can change coaches and coordinators as much as you want but it starts at the top, and that change won't come anytime soon. No way you ran run a team if you can't even nail more than a few quality draft choices. How many draft choices in the past 5 seasons are left? It's hard to build a team with little draft promise, and B rate FA's being signed.

 

So far our defense has definitely played good enough to win, considering our offense is suppose to be our strength. We have as much talent as anybody on offense, yet we just suck right now. This team has plenty of talent to be a good team, and IMO they just dont have the coaches. Now if a change happened up top as well, that would definitely be a plus.

When praising the D, let's keep in mind the offenses they have faced. Losses to Flacco and Collins hardly go in the scrapbook.

When praising the D, let's keep in mind the offenses they have faced. Losses to Flacco and Collins hardly go in the scrapbook.

 

I agree; however, Flacco did exactly what he needed to do, as did Collins.

 

Let's not forget that, once upon a time, Kerry Collins was a pretty solid quarterback. With that said, what he did at PBS, with that type of wind, is inexcusable.

Bengals Def stats:

 

15th points allowed

21st yards per game

3rd passing defense

30th rushing defense

 

The next five games, NYG, CLE, DAL, NYJ, PIT. I don't see them getting any better. They are going to face the likes of Manning, Anderson, Romo, Farve, and Big Ben. The Bengals "D" in not going to get any better.

Approximately 152 days until pitchers and catchers report...

 

Is it bad that both seasons are still going on and both Cincinnati teams are unwatchable?

Personally I don't think this team is lacking talent. That is what is so frustrating. I think they need to get rid of probably more than a few people. Marvin has run his course here. Bratkowski's time to go is overdue, but it would be very hard to bring in a new O coordinator in season.

 

I do think the D at least has shown flashes at times.

 

Does anyone else see that hands down our best defensive player and arguably best overall player is the #9 pick of this years draft?

Personally I don't think this team is lacking talent. That is what is so frustrating. I think they need to get rid of probably more than a few people. Marvin has run his course here. Bratkowski's time to go is overdue, but it would be very hard to bring in a new O coordinator in season.

 

I do think the D at least has shown flashes at times.

 

Does anyone else see that hands down our best defensive player and arguably best overall player is the #9 pick of this years draft?

 

And this is the problem in Bengaldom. The overestimation of the talent. Let's take a look at this team in category.

RB- no proven talent at all.

QB- former top tier QB that has not improved and maybe has regressed.

OL- talent? They're not displaying much.

TE- cracked sternum

WR- Very talented. Just ask them

DL- Odom may be an upgrade to a pretty poor group

LB- Best one is a rookie. Pretty much sums that up

DBs- probably the best unit of the bunch

ST- Holding their own

 

Now the org.

Coaching- subpar at best

Management- incompetent

Owner- well, the above speaks for the ability of the owner

And this is the problem in Bengaldom. The overestimation of the talent. Let's take a look at this team in category.

RB- no proven talent at all.

QB- former top tier QB that has not improved and maybe has regressed.

OL- talent? They're not displaying much.

TE- cracked sternum

WR- Very talented. Just ask them

DL- Odom may be an upgrade to a pretty poor group

LB- Best one is a rookie. Pretty much sums that up

DBs- probably the best unit of the bunch

ST- Holding their own

 

Now the org.

Coaching- subpar at best

Management- incompetent

Owner- well, the above speaks for the ability of the owner

 

Proper protection, preparation, and play calling make Palmer a top QB. I'm not buying that at age 28 his career is on the decline.

 

The offensive line is what I can't figure out. Maybe they lack a leader, but what I think they lack is that they never replaced Rich Brahm.

 

When Perry has had running room, he has flashed. They don't run enough that gets him into the open field.

 

There is no denying the WR corp, especially when(if) #15 comes back. For the most part they have made plays that we have expected them to. I'd like to see more of Simpson personally.

 

While I often view him as the weak link, Thornton made a couple nice plays yesterday. You don't often hear about D tackles because them doing their job doesn't always equate to tackling the ballcarrier. Would like to see what Sims and Shriley can do rather than some guy named Harris that kept running on and off the field. I don't know if he is drawing the double team or not, but Geathers hasn't shown as much as Odom, or even Rucker, whom has been impressive.

 

As far as the LB's go, Rivers has looked like a pro bowler, if not now, then very soon. Dhani Jones and whomever is playing the Sam backer (B. Johnson, Jeanty) haven't made much noise. Lack consistancy(coaching).

 

DB is probably the hardest position to play in the NFL, but seemed to me there was confusion at times, and their options for a nickel corner right now I believe are David Jones who is hurt and an undrafted rookie free agent. Yesterday we were defending inside the 10 and we had guys that were 5 yards off on a backpedal. :confused: I again contribute this to coaching. I think that group has a lot of promise (though I can't help but think we were 3 picks away from Cromartie).

^ CP has gone from one of the top 3 QBs in the league to middle tier. Granted his O Line has something to do with that. However his passing accuracy has become suspect. Lingering effects of his knee injury? Perhaps.

As far as the O Line. I don't see their problems as puzzling. They aren't very good. I agree that Rivers has played well, but I hesitate to put him in the Pro Bowl at this point. Overall, I will disagree with you about the overall talent on this team. They prove week in and week out that they are not very good.

Nothing will ever change in Cincinnati until Mike Brown passes away or steps down for some reason. This is one of the most poorly ran organizations in the HISTORY of professional sports. Many are blaming Marvin, but how can a man run a team when he is being undermined on every decision that he makes. The Chris Henry signing is a perfect example. There is not one bright spot on this team right now and they play uninspired selfish football because they have no leader.

 

I have been a season ticket holder for nearly a decade now and have been an avid Bengals fan my whole life but my patience is running extremely thin after the first two showings of the year.

Approximately 152 days until pitchers and catchers report...

 

Is it bad that both seasons are still going on and both Cincinnati teams are unwatchable?

 

 

Check out the Reds. They've been playing good ball as of late and are young & energetic. Corey Patterson has been clutch the past 2 games. Strange isn't it?

 

It's a shame they're so far out of things.

Check out the Reds. They've been playing good ball as of late and are young & energetic. Corey Patterson has been clutch the past 2 games. Strange isn't it?

 

It's a shame they're so far out of things.

 

The Reds always play good when the season is meaningless, building up false hope and overrated ratings for the following year. I think they had the second best record in the second half last year. I'm just not going to say anything until i see it because it happens too much.

  • Author
The Reds always play good when the season is meaningless, building up false hope and overrated ratings for the following year. I think they had the second best record in the second half last year. I'm just not going to say anything until i see it because it happens too much.

The Reds are 9-5 in September and are 16-11 in their last 27 games....and 18-14 in their last 32 games.

Prior to this September, the Reds have had seven consecutive September's without a winning record.

2007 10-17

2006 13-14

2005 11-17

2004 13-15

2003 10-16

2002 12-15

2001 11-11

Total: 79-105 .429

Last winning September

2000 (18-10)

The Reds are 9-5 in September and are 16-11 in their last 27 games....and 18-14 in their last 32 games.

Prior to this September, the Reds have had seven consecutive September's without a winning record.

2007 10-17

2006 13-14

2005 11-17

2004 13-15

2003 10-16

2002 12-15

2001 11-11

Total: 79-105 .429

Last winning September

2000 (18-10)

 

I'm glad that you took all the time to look these up, I hope it makes you feel better. That being said, the Reds do look better and have ALOT of young talent. I'm just not reading that much into it yet to just be disappointed come May.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.