Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/NewCath Predictions

Who Wins 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

    • Newport Central Catholic
      52%
    • Ryle
      47%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Should make for a very entertaining game. Ryle played Highlands reasonably tough in their first game and the defense look very solid. The game against Cooper this weekend really didn't tell us anything about Ryle. New Cath looked very good in their opener against Simon Kenton, but then had a disappointing last-minute loss to CCH this past week. Both teams will be fired up and hungry for a big win. Game is played on NCC's home field.

 

NCC's defense seemed a bit porous in the CCH game. While Ryle's offense is still going through some growing pains, I believe they should be able to score some points. Ryle's defense will be the key to this one and I think they'll be able to hold NCC just enough to allow Ryle to come out on top, 24-21.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle 38

NewCath 14

 

It's going to be a coming out party for Ryle's offense. I know their coaches will have them ready.

I see a close game with two pretty even teams. Raiders are better on D, Breds are better on O. Turnovers will probably determine the outcome. Should be a great Saturday night crowd in Newport, even if rains set in from Ike.

Newport Catholic 24-20.

NCC 31

Ryle 14

Much more coaching experience will win this game. NCC by two touchdowns, no way they aren't prepared this week after what happened against CCH!

Ryle 21

NCC 7

 

Ryle's defense will dominate!!!!

NCC 35

Ryle 28

 

NCC offense is really good and yes the pass defense is not very good right now. But they should outscore Ryle in this one. Kues should have a good game both through the air and on the ground. However they need to give it to the Kelly's the entire game in order to win this one.

What are Ryle's receivers like? I find it hard to believe that they have two receivers as athletic as Van Sant and Robinson. Additionally, Ryle has a very talented sophomore QB, but Isler played out of his mind, making every throw. I would be hard pressed to believe that we'll see a performance like that again this week. However, in the final scrimmage Dixie had receivers open in the seam and CovCath had receivers open crossing the middle and in the flats all night. If NewCath does not sure that up, then Ryle's QB will only have to be accurate to have a decent game. That being said, there is no way that NewCath hasn't made adjustments. I fully expect them to be ready for Ryle on Friday.

Wow, this would be the game I would go to if I weren't going to the Highlands/Holmes game. I can't even begin to guess an outcome so I will just throw a number out there like 17-15 Ryle. I think Ryle's defense will be the stingiest D that NCC will face this year. I don't see them allowing the Breds to open it up. They also hung tough for 4 quarters with HHS. I see this being a battle that NCC lets go of again for the second week in a row. Sorry Breds, normally I got your back, but when you let a 20 point lead slip away, I must be proven wrong. So prove me wrong and win it.

Should be another good game for the Bred's. But, I think they will play all 4 Quarters this week. NCC-31 Ryle-20

[quote=NCC06 NCC 35 Ryle 28

"NCC offense is really good and yes the pass defense is not very good right now. But they should outscore Ryle in this one."

 

 

Is New Cath's offense as potent or dare I say, fast as Highlands. New Cath hasn't scored more than 30 points a game in their three years vs. the Raiders. I don't think Kues and company is as good as Diehl and company.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.