September 5, 200818 yr Why ? Why would anyone ever want a pet snake ? I can almost understand buying one of the smaller ones because they actually move. The big ones though ? Come on. Why would anyone ever want to own a pet that didn't move and every time you "played" with it, there's a decent chance that it would wrap itself around you, suffocate you, and then eat you. Any BGP members have a pet snake ? What got me started on this was a show I watched on the History channel last night. It was about Anacondas and Pythons and how they were starting to invade some of the suburbs around the everglades of Florida. It then went on to say that at the rate they are reproducing, there would be too many in Florida and they would start to head north, eventually reaching New York City. Quick though: If these snakes start heading North, I'd bet my last dollar their trip to New York would end at Kentucky. I've killed a ton of snakes with a pistol. If I ever see a Python in my back yard, I'll just get a bigger gun. Snakes are all the same to me, evil and scary :lol:. By the way, what happened with the History Channel ? Every time I watch it, I end up feeling like I need to talk to a therapist. It's not even about history anymore, and more so about the end of the world and the slow painful death all of us have to look forward too. No real point to this thread, just some random thoughts I had today. :lol:
September 5, 200818 yr You know, I thought about getting a pet snake when I was 16 or 17. I even looked online at some of the different types. Corn snakes, ball pythons, king snakes... When I actually went to the pet store, those suckers freaked me out. I didn't even want to hold any of those things. After that, I saw no point. To this day, I don't even like walking by the snake section at the pet store.
September 5, 200818 yr I am with you on this one 41. Like cvillecat says.....I ain't afraid of but two things and snakes is both of them. I have often wondered that as well...as to why anyone would want one for a pet. By the way, should anyone have a pet snake....any snake then they would be best advised to tell me before I stop by for a visit. Besides having to dispose of their suddenly dead snake they would probably have to hire a cleaning service for the floors/carpet in whichever room that I was in. One idea that just came to mind is that I also hate cats, maybe more than a snake. So, if we could feed a cat to one of those giant snakes and then kill the snake ..............we get both. :thumb:
September 5, 200818 yr Watch a snake kill and eat a rabbit and tell me its not awesome...:lol: That's what I'm saying. The neighbors still don't know what's happening to all of their cats. I love it. That will teach them to not let them wander the neighborhood anymore. :sssh::walk::walk:
September 5, 200818 yr That's what I'm saying. The neighbors still don't know what's happening to all of their cats. I love it. That will teach them to not let them wander the neighborhood anymore. :sssh::walk::walk: :lol::lol: I may have just found the best use for snake. :thumb:
September 5, 200818 yr Watch a snake kill and eat a rabbit and tell me its not awesome...:lol: Cats yes, rabbits no. I would rather kill and eat the rabbits..........fried rabbit, gravy and biscuts, Nothing like it.
September 5, 200818 yr Why ? Why would anyone ever want a pet snake ? I can almost understand buying one of the smaller ones because they actually move. The big ones though ? Come on. Why would anyone ever want to own a pet that didn't move and every time you "played" with it, there's a decent chance that it would wrap itself around you, suffocate you, and then eat you. Any BGP members have a pet snake ? What got me started on this was a show I watched on the History channel last night. It was about Anacondas and Pythons and how they were starting to invade some of the suburbs around the everglades of Florida. It then went on to say that at the rate they are reproducing, there would be too many in Florida and they would start to head north, eventually reaching New York City. Quick though: If these snakes start heading North, I'd bet my last dollar their trip to New York would end at Kentucky. I've killed a ton of snakes with a pistol. If I ever see a Python in my back yard, I'll just get a bigger gun. Snakes are all the same to me, evil and scary :lol:. By the way, what happened with the History Channel ? Every time I watch it, I end up feeling like I need to talk to a therapist. It's not even about history anymore, and more so about the end of the world and the slow painful death all of us have to look forward too. No real point to this thread, just some random thoughts I had today. :lol: I've had about 15 snakes, but only one Python. They make very interesting pets, it's kind of like having a fish tank, something to watch and observe (especially dinner time). Though I liked to get mine out and watch them, I even had a few that would eat from my hand, pretty freaking cool.
September 5, 200818 yr SNAKES YUCK, I would never have one as a pet. Although apparently when I was a little girl, my uncle had a python name Fred, and I loved him. They would let him out and I would lay all over it. Ewww. I don't remember that thank goodness.
September 5, 200818 yr There is four kinds of snakes I don't like. Big ones, little ones, alive ones, and dead ones. When it comes to pets I think I will just stick with dogs.
September 6, 200818 yr Watched this show last night and the white python or anaconda photo, was interesting.
September 6, 200818 yr They are awesome pets and easy to take car of. Had 1 and will get another soon.
September 6, 200818 yr I had a pet snake in my classroom. I agree with you MBWC41, the larger snakes does not make very interesting pets. I helped take care of several large pythons while I was in college. It's fun to see peoples reactions to them, but I wouldn't want one myself. I have had several smaller snakes as pets, all native snakes: King Snake, Bull Snake, Hognose Snake and they all are very docile, and make great pets. I gave up the snakes because I got tired of fooling with their food supply, mice. Those critters I hate....But it was fun seeing the snakes constrict on them and swallow them whole.:devil: The Professor really liked "Bull". :sssh:
September 6, 200818 yr I had a pet snake in my classroom. I agree with you MBWC41, the larger snakes does not make very interesting pets. I helped take care of several large pythons while I was in college. It's fun to see peoples reactions to them, but I wouldn't want one myself. I have had several smaller snakes as pets, all native snakes: King Snake, Bull Snake, Hognose Snake and they all are very docile, and make great pets. I gave up the snakes because I got tired of fooling with their food supply, mice. Those critters I hate....But it was fun seeing the snakes constrict on them and swallow them whole.:devil: The Professor really liked "Bull". :sssh: The three species you mentioned are all excellent pets and I like you think the smaller snakes are much more interesting. The Bull Snake I had was probably my favorite, that or the Honduran Milk Snake.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.