Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CalPreps Pre-Season Rankings(All Classes)

Featured Replies

Polls (and, I mean all of them) mean nothing once the season kicks off.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put to much thought into these rankings, they obviously did not put much leg work into it.

 

However, it won't be long until the Bluegrasspreps rankings, the real rankings, will be out. And, they are a little different this year.

 

Do you mean there are some new teams being ranked, or is the process/ranking system different?

Do you mean there are some new teams being ranked, or is the process/ranking system different?

You will have to wait to see who is named at the top, but I meant they are different in format. The pre-season rankings will consist of every team, in each class, being ranked from 1-36, or however many teams are in each particular class.

Maybe somebody in Kentucky should do a California pre-season poll and see how that turns out...

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It lost all credibility when it had WCentral at #8, ahead of BGreen...Guess they think they've found a way to overcome 60 points this year...Meade Co, Lincoln Co, Lone Oak and Daviess Co also have no business in there...

 

FWIW, Daviess Co. ought to be pretty good this year.

Polls (and, I mean all of them) mean nothing once the season kicks off.

 

Amen! A poll is just a bunch of opinions. The only poll that matters is the one put out after the state championship game and it includes one team per class.

 

The only poll I put stock in are on Friday nights.

It's still my favorite poll.:banana::thumb::D

FWIW, Daviess Co. ought to be pretty good this year.

 

I agree, they'll likely be the favorite in 6a D1, mainly due to a weaker than usual district, but, there still a far cry from a Top 10 6a team, and there's a ton of teams in the other classes that'll be much stronger than them, Highlands, CCath, BG, JH, Dixie, Lex Cath, Bell Co, Franklin Co. off the top of my head and then about 12-15 teams in the 3 smaller classes and that doesn't justify a Top 25 ranking...

That does not surprise me HENRY.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Well, I'll say this... If BGP does a preseason statewide football ranking, I'd bet that the top three teams listed in that ranking would be (in no particular order) Saint X, Highlands and Trinity, which also happens to be the top three teams ranked in the CalPreps poll.

I wouldn't put to much thought into these rankings, they obviously did not put much leg work into it.

 

However, it won't be long until the Bluegrasspreps rankings, the real rankings, will be out. And, they are a little different this year.

 

I'm curious... what do you mean by "a little different this year?" Do you mean different from the final rankings from last year, or different from what most people would predict for this year... what?

 

I think I'll have to see this to believe it... come on... who are we kidding... is there ANY chance that Trinity and Saint X won't be ranked as the top 2 in the preseason BGP 6A poll? Any chance that Highlands, CovCath, JH and BG won't be the top 4 in 5A? Any chance that LexCath won't be ranked number 1 in 4A? etc...

 

Of course it's going to be the "usual suspects!"

 

If BGP really wants to stir the pot and get people talking, perhaps they can rank Holmes number 1 in 5A or Tates Creek number 1 in 6A. That would be something!

If there were no polls, we would have to pick at each other....more than we do now.

I'm sorry, but I find absolutly nothing wrong with the Calpreps rankings.:D

I'm sorry, but I find absolutly nothing wrong with the Calpreps rankings.:D

:lol: :lol:

 

You're PATHETIC!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.