Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination for his role as "Joker"?

SvFan4life

Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes, and USA Today actually did a special on this firday. Only 4,... maybe 5 actors I forget which ones, have ever received an Oscar that were deceased. One dated all the way back to like 1922 I think. Basicall has only happened a handful of times in the past 100 years.

With that said I still think the answer is yes, I'd go as far as to say it probably would be almost a definite if he hadn't passed away...... AND if it wasn't a movie based on a comic book.

Definitely yes. I was absolutely blown away by his performance.

Going into the movie, if I hadn't known he played the joker I likely wouldn't have been able to figure out who it was. It didn't feel like I was watching Heath Ledger at all. Saddest part of it, is that although he was a pretty popular actor, I think that many would've considered this a milestone in his career, almost a break out performance.

The Da Vinci Code was not a very good movie IMO.

Whether you like it or not, I was just mentioning that he was in it. You could tell he aged quite a bit from The Professional to that...and I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet to see how much more he has aged.

I say yes, and USA Today actually did a special on this firday. Only 4,... maybe 5 actors I forget which ones, have ever received an Oscar that were deceased. One dated all the way back to like 1922 I think. Basicall has only happened a handful of times in the past 100 years.

With that said I still think the answer is yes, I'd go as far as to say it probably would be almost a definite if he hadn't passed away...... AND if it wasn't a movie based on a comic book.

Six have been nominated. Only Peter Finch for "Network" has won.

Whether you like it or not, I was just mentioning that he was in it. You could tell he aged quite a bit from The Professional to that...and I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet to see how much more he has aged.

He's aged A LOT, I don't even remember him in the Da Vinci Code?

For those of you who voted No, why?

Personally that was one of the best performances I have seen in a long, long time. Even before he died we were hearing all about how devoted he was to this character and it really showed. That was a truly amazing performance coupled with excellent writing.