Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination for his role as "Joker"?

SvFan4life

Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should Heath Ledger receive an Oscar Nomination?

I finally saw the movie on Thursday and while I think Heath's performance is amazing, it doesn't deserve an Oscar.

I don't even consider the Oscars to be the end all, be all as it is.

I don't think we are having this conversation if Heath was still alive. So if you are going to give an Oscar for a jaw dropping performance after a tragic death, Brandon Lee deserves one as well for The Crow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people keep bringing the death into the equation. Dead or alive that was an amazing performance. I'm holding my judgment on whether or not he should win until I see the official candidates but he absolutely deserves a nomination.

I finally saw the movie on Thursday and while I think Heath's performance is amazing, it doesn't deserve an Oscar.

I don't even consider the Oscars to be the end all, be all as it is.

I don't think we are having this conversation if Heath was still alive. So if you are going to give an Oscar for a jaw dropping performance after a tragic death, Brandon Lee deserves one as well for The Crow.

I think we are having this same conversation if he were alive..I mean he wasn't the greatest actor nor was his work outstanding...His performance in this movie was astonishing. I never said he should win an Oscar, I simply said nomination.

I think we are having this same conversation if he were alive..I mean he wasn't the greatest actor nor was his work outstanding...His performance in this movie was astonishing. I never said he should win an Oscar, I simply said nomination.

Well I don't think he deserves a nomination either, was it one of the best performances of the year? Yes. Was it a top 5 performance when it's all said and done, I would have to say no. Even though I have no clue what may come out before the end of the year.

Yes, I know the poll is for NOMINATION. It's my fault for not clarifying that in my initial response. I don't think he deserves either.

Well I don't think he deserves a nomination either, was it one of the best performances of the year? Yes. Was it a top 5 performance when it's all said and done, I would have to say no. Even though I have no clue what may come out before the end of the year.

Yes, I know the poll is for NOMINATION. It's my fault for not clarifying that in my initial response. I don't think he deserves either.

Alright..I just don't see another movie coming out that will have someone top his performance...I don't know the slate for movies coming out that have a lot of hype but I dunno.

I'm still not sure how any of us can say either way...If he deserves one or not there is still half a year left until the awards...He may not even be considered after all the movies that are supposed to come out, come out. Something to argue about I guess...

If there's not a limit on NOMINATIONS then sure, nominate him but we'll have to wait & see...

The bolded is another question that needs an answer...How many nominations are allowed for a certain category??? Is there a limit?

Dead or Alive people would still definitely be talking about this performance, because not only was he completely awesome but this movie lived up to all the hype that it was getting, not many sequels do that. I believe that at the end of the year, this performance will not be forgotten.