Jags WR Matt Jones found cutting cocaine in car

I think there are way more than 100 professional atheletes doing recreational drugs. Maybe not cocaine...but I am sure there are tons who smoke pot.

Oh certainly, I was just pertaining the matter to the NFL, and that is why I indicated that it is well over 100. Believe it or not MJ there are some who would not think this is a problem in pro-sports.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh certainly, I was just pertaining the matter to the NFL, and that is why I indicated that it is well over 100. Believe it or not MJ there are some who would not think this is a problem in pro-sports.

I know there are some who may think that. I personally don't really care as long as it doesn't affect their ability to play the game. Some would argue it does, some would say it didn't. I don't know. I guess that is a different discussion. But, I would be willing to bet that a quarter of all professional atheltes have dabbed in some type of recreational drug at one time or other. Not saying its okay...but it happens.

"It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings! It's a nightmare!"

That's from Walk Hard if you haven't seen it.

:lol:

I've personally never done it but I know a lot of people that have and they say its awesome. I personally have no desire to be shaking like River Phoenix on the floor of the Viper room....

Now we see why he lost his work ethic and never panned out. I wish I had the opportunity to make that kind of money and be faced with the choice of working hard at my job or taking drugs. I guarantee I wouldn't snort my career away.

He was already in danger of being cut. I'd say his days in JAX are finished...

I was watching NFL tonight last night and heard he might get cut. My buddy and I talked about him being a good candidate and fit for the Bengals. I guess that's out the window.

I'd say his phone is ringing off the hook with calls from Jerry Jones...

I think Jerry only worries about past Superstars with bad run-ins, not just average wide-outs.

However, if the Terry Glenn situation doesn't line out then the Cowboys could be looking to add depth at WR. Not saying they would pursue Jones, but if they did I would almost guarantee he would do a number of things. Play as good as he has ever played, stay out of trouble, and become a model citizen/teammate. This I would almost guarantee. So even though I know you are just joking and throwing jabs at the Cowboy's, Jerry Jones is from Arkansas and as you saw with the drafting of Felix Jones, loves Razorbacks who can perform at the NFL level. With that said if something did happen and Jones did end up in Big D then I would bet you would see a career resurrected rather than one tossed down the drain. P.S. theres not too many other teams around the league that you could say this for, you put T.O./Tank/(still waiting on the Pacman situation to play out) on a majority of other teams in the league and I would almost bet money that instead of waiting in line to do drills in training camp they would be waiting in the unemployment line.:thumb:

HB.

I do like to have fun with you on here because I know your jabs on the Cowboys are to just pull smiles and to maybe cause a few others to pull their hair. However, I will say this. You talk a lot about not respecting a lot of the Cowboys players who have transformed their image from being headaches to team players.

BUT......My beef is that I have a hard time respecting players like Jeremy Shockey who instead of being on the field cheering his team to a Super Bowl win, was in his own personal sky box instead. I mean I know he was injured, but come on. Your team is playing in the Super Bowl and you won't even stand on the sidelines with them, give me a break. You talk a lot of trash on T.O. but if you were to tell me that if hurt and the Boys' were playing in the Super Bowl that Owens would not be down there with his teammates encouraging and cheering harder than anyone and instead pouting in his own little box, then I would have to say you are lying. So you tell me which is worst for a team and more of a non-team player.....?

Didn't Jerry Jones go to Arkansas?

He might sign him up pretty fast if Jax cuts him. I wouldn't call Pacman a "superstar" btw...

I said in my post he was an Arkansas grad. And seriously you wouldn't call Pacman a superstar???? I mean I know the guy has got in a lot of trouble and his name has been drug through the reputation grinder, but before his suspension Jones was quite possibly the best Corner in football (top 5 at least), not too mention best returner along with Devin Hester. Can't knock what he done on the field before the suspension for what he done off the field. His name and game are two different things my friend. Still want to argue that then just go to youtube or anywhere you want and check out some Pacman Jones highlights. It's all you gotta do :D

I said in my post he was an Arkansas grad. And seriously you wouldn't call Pacman a superstar???? I mean I know the guy has got in a lot of trouble and his name has been drug through the reputation grinder, but before his suspension Jones was quite possibly the best Corner in football (top 5 at least), not too mention best returner along with Devin Hester. Can't knock what he done on the field before the suspension for what he done off the field. His name and game are two different things my friend. Still want to argue that then just go to youtube or anywhere you want and check out some Pacman Jones highlights. It's all you gotta do :D

Highlights? I could look good on highlights.

Fact of the matter is, Pacman played TWO seasons. Do you know how many career interceptions he has? FOUR. That's it.

He's a good punt returner. And a good corner, but IMO, he's not worth the hassle. He's an idiot. I wouldn't want that jerk on my team regardless of how good he is. And no, I do not think he is a "super star".

A "super star" IMO is guys like Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Ladainian Tomlinson. Pacman isn't even a star IMO.