July 11, 200818 yr HB. I do like to have fun with you on here because I know your jabs on the Cowboys are to just pull smiles and to maybe cause a few others to pull their hair. However, I will say this. You talk a lot about not respecting a lot of the Cowboys players who have transformed their image from being headaches to team players. BUT......My beef is that I have a hard time respecting players like Jeremy Shockey who instead of being on the field cheering his team to a Super Bowl win, was in his own personal sky box instead. I mean I know he was injured, but come on. Your team is playing in the Super Bowl and you won't even stand on the sidelines with them, give me a break. You talk a lot of trash on T.O. but if you were to tell me that if hurt and the Boys' were playing in the Super Bowl that Owens would not be down there with his teammates encouraging and cheering harder than anyone and instead pouting in his own little box, then I would have to say you are lying. So you tell me which is worst for a team and more of a non-team player.....? Jeremy Shockey was told by team doctors and team officials not to be on the sidelines...he wanted to be there. Maybe you should check your facts on that. Jeremy Shockey loves to win and he loves to compete. He's been a bit of a distraction this off season, but before that I don't think he has caused too many problems. Almost any player (Giants player) I've ever heard talk about Shockey always say he is a great guy to be around and a great teammate. As a matter of fact, Michael Strahan wrote in his book that he'd take 52 other Jeremy Shockey's on his team any day of the week. So don't let the way he is portrayed in the media fool you. He's not a saint (yet :lol:) but he's not as bad as he has been made out to be.
July 11, 200818 yr Highlights? I could look good on highlights. Fact of the matter is, Pacman played TWO seasons. Do you know how many career interceptions he has? FOUR. That's it. He's a good punt returner. And a good corner, but IMO, he's not worth the hassle. He's an idiot. I wouldn't want that jerk on my team regardless of how good he is. And no, I do not think he is a "super star". A "super star" IMO is guys like Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Ladainian Tomlinson. Pacman isn't even a star IMO. I did stretch it a touch but he was a superstar in the making I should have said. But most people consider Devin Hester a superstar. Wasn't Pacman basically the same thing as Hester with much better defense? So why couldn't he carry the same title? He didn't have many interceptions because teams did not throw his way that much. Besides the Titans had a horrible secondary the two seasons he played with them, and everyone knows how the secondary play as a whole can affect the individuals who make up the secondary. Besides any football fan should know that making the jump from college to the pro's as a corner is one of the toughest jumps to make. He has had only four interceptions, but in his Rookie year he did not even have a single one. His second year he had four along with 12 pass deflections. He also had 120 yards after he made the pick thus averaging out to around 33 yards per catch after interception. So pretty much anytime he will pick the ball this year (if he returns close to the same as he was before he had to sit out) he is guaranteed twenty yards, and with the Cowboys offense, that equals trouble for whoever they play. So I'll let you make fun all you want, I'll be making fun when the Boy's start hanging big numbers on the scoreboard.:thumb:
July 11, 200818 yr Jeremy Shockey was told by team doctors and team officials not to be on the sidelines...he wanted to be there. Maybe you should check your facts on that. Jeremy Shockey loves to win and he loves to compete. He's been a bit of a distraction this off season, but before that I don't think he has caused too many problems. Almost any player (Giants player) I've ever heard talk about Shockey always say he is a great guy to be around and a great teammate. As a matter of fact, Michael Strahan wrote in his book that he'd take 52 other Jeremy Shockey's on his team any day of the week. So don't let the way he is portrayed in the media fool you. He's not a saint (yet :lol:) but he's not as bad as he has been made out to be. I will believe a majority of your post because I always read he was a great teammate at the U. Also I see all to well how the media can portray a guy a monster when he sometimes can be the exact opposite. BUT!!! I find it so hard to believe that he was not on the sidelines due to doctors orders. I mean I don't care how many links you can give me with quotes of that, and I don't care how cheap you will try to sale it to me, I am not buying it. That was probably just the best excuse around at the time for him of course getting scrutinized for it. HB if the doctors told you not to be with your team on the sidelines at the Super Bowl, what would you tell them and what would you do? If you said take their orders then you would be lying because I know where I'd be. Plus Shockey's the type of guy and in a much better situation to tell his doctors where to go then me and you are, so like I said I am definately not buying that excuse. You can if you want and if it makes you feel better, but like I said I don't care how many quoted links you have I will do nothing but laugh at them all because that has to be one of the worst excuses in sports history.
July 11, 200818 yr I did stretch it a touch but he was a superstar in the making I should have said. But most people consider Devin Hester a superstar. Wasn't Pacman basically the same thing as Hester with much better defense? So why couldn't he carry the same title? He didn't have many interceptions because teams did not throw his way that much. Besides the Titans had a horrible secondary the two seasons he played with them, and everyone knows how the secondary play as a whole can affect the individuals who make up the secondary. Besides any football fan should know that making the jump from college to the pro's as a corner is one of the toughest jumps to make. He has had only four interceptions, but in his Rookie year he did not even have a single one. His second year he had four along with 12 pass deflections. He also had 120 yards after he made the pick thus averaging out to around 33 yards per catch after interception. So pretty much anytime he will pick the ball this year (if he returns close to the same as he was before he had to sit out) he is guaranteed twenty yards, and with the Cowboys offense, that equals trouble for whoever they play. So I'll let you make fun all you want, I'll be making fun when the Boy's start hanging big numbers on the scoreboard.:thumb: His rookie year he didn't have any interceptions because he was a rookie. Do you honestly think teams would avoid throwing at a rookie? The boys might hang points on the board against teams like Detroit...but against the G-MEN Romo will be staring at that hole in Texas stadium a lot more than he wants to.
July 11, 200818 yr I will believe a majority of your post because I always read he was a great teammate at the U. Also I see all to well how the media can portray a guy a monster when he sometimes can be the exact opposite. BUT!!! I find it so hard to believe that he was not on the sidelines due to doctors orders. I mean I don't care how many links you can give me with quotes of that, and I don't care how cheap you will try to sale it to me, I am not buying it. That was probably just the best excuse around at the time for him of course getting scrutinized for it. HB if the doctors told you not to be with your team on the sidelines at the Super Bowl, what would you tell them and what would you do? If you said take their orders then you would be lying because I know where I'd be. Plus Shockey's the type of guy and in a much better situation to tell his doctors where to go then me and you are, so like I said I am definately not buying that excuse. You can if you want and if it makes you feel better, but like I said I don't care how many quoted links you have I will do nothing but laugh at them all because that has to be one of the worst excuses in sports history. As a matter of fact, I've read somewhere that at one point in the game Shockey did make his way down to the sidelines. I can't remember which player it was talking about him being down there. Might have been Plaxico in his new book. When I read it, I'll let you know. And I didn't say just DOCTORS...I said team officials. I'm pretty sure he'd just had surgery on it a few weeks earlier... Also, we only saw what...one 2 second clip of him in the press box? How do we know that he wasn't on the sidelines? We don't. I believe I also read that he was initially told not to come to the game because of his injury. Either way this is not a big deal. If he was in the press box that is fine. His teammates still care about him and Kevin Boss even said Shockey had called him to coach him up while he was injured. Sounds like a real jerk huh? .
July 11, 200818 yr His rookie year he didn't have any interceptions because he was a rookie. Do you honestly think teams would avoid throwing at a rookie? No, again a situation where I got ahead of myself. The comment about not throwing his way was meant for the soph. season which is a true statement based on opposing teams looked other ways in the Titans secondary than Pacman's. Also, we only saw what...one 2 second clip of him in the press box? How do we know that he wasn't on the sidelines? We don't. I believe I also read that he was initially told not to come to the game because of his injury. . No maybe you meant to say they were showing him in the box every two seconds because that is sure what it seemed like. Especially in the fourth quarter (when you think he would have wanted to be on the sidelines the most) Plus never said he was a jerk, I was just saying if you can say the things you say about T.O. and not be referencing the past (thus meaning pre Dallas) then without question I can use the fact Shockey for what reason wasn't even on the sidelines with his team during the Super Bowl and use that as proof that even one of your beloved G-Men have had issues pertaining bad character and un team like attitude far more than Owens ever has while he has been in Dallas. And your lucky I didn't want to get started on Plax because he just won a ring, turns a great salary, but is still complaining and swirling rumors he wouldn't mind getting out of NY. But yet T.O. is a monster and a cancer to everyone in Dallas. But I'm back to the Matt Jones situation now, regardless of any future post on this matter.:D:D:D:D:D Fun while it lasted, I guess I know of at least two BGPers who cannot wait for NFC East action in 08'. :thumb: mods sorry for getting off the subject.
July 11, 200818 yr No, again a situation where I got ahead of myself. The comment about not throwing his way was meant for the soph. season which is a true statement based on opposing teams looked other ways in the Titans secondary than Pacman's. No maybe you meant to say they were showing him in the box every two seconds because that is sure what it seemed like. Especially in the fourth quarter (when you think he would have wanted to be on the sidelines the most) Plus never said he was a jerk, I was just saying if you can say the things you say about T.O. and not be referencing the past (thus meaning pre Dallas) then without question I can use the fact Shockey for what reason wasn't even on the sidelines with his team during the Super Bowl and use that as proof that even one of your beloved G-Men have had issues pertaining bad character and un team like attitude far more than Owens ever has while he has been in Dallas. And your lucky I didn't want to get started on Plax because he just won a ring, turns a great salary, but is still complaining and swirling rumors he wouldn't mind getting out of NY. But yet T.O. is a monster and a cancer to everyone in Dallas. But I'm back to the Matt Jones situation now, regardless of any future post on this matter.:D:D:D:D:D Fun while it lasted, I guess I know of at least two BGPers who cannot wait for NFC East action in 08'. :thumb: mods sorry for getting off the subject. I have the game on DVD. They only show Shockey in the booth one time. And you have no basis to say that Shockey being in the booth caused any problems what so ever. It is only your opinion which in all honesty doesn't mean much. The opinions of the players (who don't seem to mind) matter the most. Did you just say that Plax has said he wouldn't mind getting out of New York? Because as far as I know that is a complete LIE. Plaxico has said he wants a new contract because he wants to FINISH HIS CAREER IN NEW YORK. Plaxico deserves a new contract IMO...he played his butt off last year with a ton of injuries.
July 11, 200818 yr I am amazed at the paths these threads take. :lol: I am a Shockey fan.:thumb: I did not want this thread to go this route...but any thread I post in the Giants are brought in to.
July 13, 200818 yr BUT......My beef is that I have a hard time respecting players like Jeremy Shockey who instead of being on the field cheering his team to a Super Bowl win, was in his own personal sky box instead. I mean I know he was injured, but come on. Your team is playing in the Super Bowl and you won't even stand on the sidelines with them, give me a break. You talk a lot of trash on T.O. but if you were to tell me that if hurt and the Boys' were playing in the Super Bowl that Owens would not be down there with his teammates encouraging and cheering harder than anyone and instead pouting in his own little box, then I would have to say you are lying. So you tell me which is worst for a team and more of a non-team player.....? TO wouldn't have been on the sidelines. He would have been on the field, playing.
July 13, 200818 yr TO wouldn't have been on the sidelines. He would have been on the field, playing. He's already proven that. Like him or not what he did that Super Bowl with the Eagles was the heart of a champion!
July 13, 200818 yr Maybe its just me but when I heard this news, I was not the least bit surprised. Something about this kid always made me think he was trouble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.