Is Macon transferring to Boyle Co.

LCPATS

He wouldn't work hard for Sam is what I'm understanding, so what would cause him to work harder for someone else. Like most on here I don't want to bash the kid, but he was overated on the football field.

Well, Coach French will accept nothing less than hard work, period. I'd say that either Mr. Macon works hard for his coach, or Coach will sit him on the bench!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of a passing game does Taylor Co. have? They are more as a basketball school, which with Macon have a good shot to make the sweet16. I am wondering if he transferred to TCHS because he likes B-ball better? Looks like he would go to some school like Trinity for football were he knows he would be eligible. It is getting kind of late to be tranferring.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The kid is good and has all the tools to be a GREAT player with hardwork. Is Boyle the right place? I don't know, but I for one would except him with open arms. The kid has the talent to make something out of his life and I wish him the best. From what I remember his TD catch against Boyle back in 2006 was the difference maker in that game.

You know that I love nothing better than to debate with you but I remember that TD catch, I was there, and if I remember correctly, and I do, he was just standing there and it just came to him. It took nothing out of him to get to the ball. I'm not bashing this kid and if he has the tools, I haven't seen them but I truly wish him luck wherever he goes.

What kind of a passing game does Taylor Co. have? They are more as a basketball school, which with Macon have a good shot to make the sweet16. I am wondering if he transferred to TCHS because he likes B-ball better? Looks like he would go to some school like Trinity for football were he knows he would be eligible. It is getting kind of late to be tranferring.

Macon could easily make a team in the 12th region a contender. Especially if he had stayed at Danville. They would be the favorite with him, and the talent they have coming back.

Easy Blockbuster; I am sure Sam started him because he was their best football player and because he is one heck of a head coach and knows talent; don't think you will find many people denying that fact. Sam Harp has been around the game long enough and is a very fair coach-I don't think you will find 1 coach out there who wouldn't have started Macon; if you do, let me know.

Sam Harp is one the states best head coaches. It just seems like a lot of people are talking as if the kid isn't any good, yet he was a starter as a sophmore at one of the states premier small school programs. Any school in the state would welcome Macon with open arms.

Starting and contributing are two different things. Isn't this the same kid that got suspended for the state championship game and is now looking at his third school in two years. To say anyone in the state would welcome him with open arms is a bit of a stretch. I agree the kid has talent, but I've never been overly impressed with him on the football field.

Starting and contributing are two different things. Isn't this the same kid that got suspended for the state championship game and is now looking at his third school in two years. To say anyone in the state would welcome him with open arms is a bit of a stretch. I agree the kid has talent, but I've never been overly impressed with him on the football field.

My thoughts exactly.

I was there, and if I remember correctly, and I do, he was just standing there and it just came to him. It took nothing out of him to get to the ball.

Than you remember that he had a height advantage over our d-back. A normal reciever would never had made that catch. Anyway from what I herd last night, we can lay this rumor to rest. I was told from someone that called him and his reply is that he is staying at Taylor County.

Than you remember that he had a height advantage over our d-back. A normal reciever would never had made that catch. Anyway from what I herd last night, we can lay this rumor to rest. I was told from someone that called him and his reply is that he is staying put at Taylor County.

I do understand that he has HEIGHT...it would be kinda hard not to see that. It's just that he didn't seem to be doing anything but standing there most of "that" night. Now I will admit that I haven't seen the kid any other time but that night but once again, I just wasn't impressed with him.

I have watched Macon over the last 3 years. He is a legit D1 recruit. The kid has all the skills necessary to be a great receiver. He is extremely athletic and is coordinated for his Height. I have seen plenty of talls not coordinated enough to make any catch. His Height is part of the package. What I have questioned is his heart on every play. You can scout him easily. He runs hard when the play is for him and eases up when the play is not directed at him. He tends to to rise up when pressed but not when he is not involved. I think the key is to keep him involved in the offense and don't play him on defense unless you have to. He seems to get winded and his overall condition seems to wane as the year progresses.

If the right coach can tap into his pride he could be great. He is better than Baughman.

No way he is better than Baughman. He is a good player, but I wouldn't put it in his hands when the game is on the line. I can think of other receivers the Admirals have had in the past that I would rather see with the ball late in the game with it on the line; Baughman is one, then probably Ronnie Hawkins and even the Morris kid that graduated a few years ago. That kid could play-give him Macon's height and he is tearing up Division I right now.