Is Macon transferring to Boyle Co.

LCPATS

It is rumored in the Advocate Mess. Both Sam Harp and Larry French are quoted in the blurb, saying they have heard that highly talented senior to be (Leonard Macon) might be attempting to transfer to Boyle County.

I feel like this is a situation that would end up a lot like the Euton sitution at Scott Co. I don't see how the kid would ever be able to transfer, yet again, and play next year.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=41894&format=html

Did BC already recieve a transfer from somewhere in eastern KY? :confused:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rumored in the Advocate Mess. Both Sam Harp and Larry French are quoted in the blurb, saying they have heard that highly talented senior to be (Leonard Macon) might be attempting to transfer to Boyle County.

I feel like this is a situation that would end up a lot like the Euton sitution at Scott Co. I don't see how the kid would ever be able to transfer, yet again, and play next year.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=41894&format=html

Did BC already recieve a transfer from somewhere in eastern KY? :confused:

I too wonder if he would be eligible next year. I've never understood clearly what the rules are and how they are applied. I recall Jeremey Britt came to Danville for his Senior year. I think it was a legit change of address but he became eligible right away.

Is the Macon family in the same boat? Go to Taylor County with a job and it doesn't pan out and he is hired in Boyle? I don't know.

As to the other transfer it is the QB from Lawrence County who I think will be a Soph next year.

I too wonder if he would be eligible next year. I've never understood clearly what the rules are and how they are applied. I recall Jeremey Britt came to Danville for his Senior year. I think it was a legit change of address but he became eligible right away.

Is the Macon family in the same boat? Go to Taylor County with a job and it doesn't pan out and he is hired in Boyle? I don't know.

As to the other transfer it is the QB from Lawrence County who I think will be a Soph next year.

I thought it was a QB, but couldn't remember where he was from. Thanks for the infor Hatz, you getting ready for football season?

So am I wrong to say that I was not impressed with him? I never could figure out why so many people thought he was so good. It seemed to me that he just stood there and was tall enough to catch some catches. Perhaps I just wasn't seeing him as good as others.

So am I wrong to say that I was not impressed with him? I never could figure out why so many people thought he was so good. It seemed to me that he just stood there and was tall enough to catch some catches. Perhaps I just wasn't seeing him as good as others.

I hope this does not sound like Im bashing...Because I like Leonard...But when a Human Being gets told over and over how great they are,sometimes they forget they have to keep working harder than ever to keep growing success...:thumb:

I think the quarterback is named Boone Goldsmith, son of former Lawrence County coach Billy Goldsmith. His named floated around Garrard County when their job was open, as well as some other spots in central Kentucky. I'm guessing dad is coming to be an assistant coach.

I recall Jeremy Britt came to Danville for his Senior year. I think it was a legit change of address but he became eligible right away.

Didn't his mom get a job at Centre College? Seemed to come at a really good time!

Maybe that's what it was. His brother attended Centre around the same time, right? Maybe that's what I was thinking.

I believe so...That was before I got heavy into Danville Football...His Mom could have also been at Centre...I know four years ago she had my son at Bate...Phys Ed...:thumb:

At the time of Britt's transfer to Danville, his older brother was an athlete (basketball player, I think) at Centre. The story told at the time, as I recall, was that his mother wanted to move there to be closer to him. Whether that was the whole story, well ...