Slow Pitch Softball

dolamite

Who plays? What Leagues? Tournaments? Positions, bats you like, etc, etc.?????? I for one love Slow Pitch and play on a couple of different teams in a couple of different leagues. Who all else on BGP's shares the same love for the slow pitch?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play in a league at Prestonburg; Its fairly competitive. I get frustrated alot because all these old men who seem to have never been athlete's kill the ball and I can't. Most of our team uses the Miken Freak. I've been using a Catalyst lately and have found more sucess with it.

I play in a league at Prestonburg; Its fairly competitive. I get frustrated alot because all these old men who seem to have never been athlete's kill the ball and I can't. Most of our team uses the Miken Freak. I've been using a Catalyst lately and have found more sucess with it.

Yeah the Freaks a solid bat, I've had success with it and a Juggernaut the teams I play on have. I don't play in the Prestonsburg league but I have played on a couple of traveling teams this year and played in tournaments in P-Burg.

I play as much as possible. I am currently in the Harrodsburg Church League and I make random appearances in the Morehead Church League. I also play in several tournaments on the weekends throughout the summer and fall. I play 3B and 2B.

I gave it up about 10 years ago, but I think about it all the time. I was playing 6 or 7 days a week in Morehead, Maysville, and Flemingsburg leagues and a traveling team on the weekends. I just got a major case of burn out at the time.

I play...but only intramurals at school, I was our teams pitcher the past two seasons with back to back championships baby!!! lol

Nice. :thumb: Congrats on the Championship although you couldn't pay me to do what you do (Pitch) . I get enough shots hit to me as it is at Short, and I've already seen some pretty nasty close calls this year to some pitchers. More of a man than me :D.

Nice. :thumb: Congrats on the Championship although you couldn't pay me to do what you do (Pitch) . I get enough shots hit to me as it is at Short, and I've already seen some pretty nasty close calls this year to some pitchers. More of a man than me :D.

Yeah I took one off the bicep last year, and it left a nasty bruise for a couple weeks. This year I looked like Greg Maddux out there with a couple web gem catches, when I was really just protecting myself. Pitching is a lil scary, you just have to be totally ready on ever pitch for a ball to come right back at ya.

I am playing this year in the Adult Softball League in Morehead, and in a Church League.

Not sure what bat I'm using but so far I'm 7-8 and have 3 RBI's with it.

I played 2B in both of our games last week.

We have another game tomorrow at 6. Hopefully we'll win this one though!

In the Elkhorn City league my team split our two games today. Looking forward to playing on the traveling team I'm on next weekend. I swear sometimes a week is just too long of a wait to play softball.

If I would have moved back to Pike Co. for the summer I would have been playing in that summer league in Elkhorn.

If I would have moved back to Pike Co. for the summer I would have been playing in that summer league in Elkhorn.

Its a fun league to play in being its very laid back. Another bonus is the games are all played on Sunday's so you can still play on other teams and in tournaments that have games through the week or on Saturdays.