Breathitt Co. Coach Resigns:

100% fact, I don't think so. Breatitt beat Owsley by 12 in the first half and 2 in the second for a total of 14. Hazards Varsity, including Campbell, Jones Warren , Whitaker played against Breathitt in the game in which Hazard won. The first half was lop sided, but the same people played in the second half and Hazard won by 2. I don't know about the rest of your 100% facts, but you are badly mistaken about the games.

You are bad wrong about the Hazard game because the Varsity Bulldogs left on wedsday the day before they played Breathitt on and out of town trip that would last thur the weekend, now that is 100% facts.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are bad wrong about the Hazard game because the Varsity Bulldogs left on wedsday the day before they played Breathitt on and out of town trip that would last thur the weekend, now that is 100% facts.

Wrong. Whitaker played, Jones played, Campbell played, Warren played, the other little guard (Kidd) I think is his name played. That is 100% fact. It is only a summer game and it doesn't really matter, but all these players were there and they played FACT.

I thought this was about Breathitt Counties coach so here goes rumor over here again is the Roscoe Denny my be back at the helm of the bobcats.

Denny coached Breathitt County for a few years in the mid-1990s, winning the region in 1995. It was the second team he had coached to a regional title and a trip to Rupp (he won a region at Danville before he came to Breathitt).

But for some reason, maybe the Breathitt people on here can explain, the Breathitt administration didn't hire him back for the 1996 season. He's now at South Laurel as an assisstant to Coach Wright, and in that capacity has made many other trips to Rupp, as well as being part of a state title.

He'd certainly be a good hire if they could lure him back.

I hope that Coach Noble stays in Owsley. Needs to open his eyes and realize what Breathitt has done to him in the past, and that they are only hiring him to get his nephew Nick back on the team. Owsley County supports him and are dedicated to him.

I think Doug will stay at Owsley County. He's wanted there and appreciated. He has a very good middle school group of players, so the future is bright. He has a good team coming back next year anchored by two of the best guards in the region in his nephew Nick and Devan Evans.

Breathitt had the opportunity to hire him in the past, and passed on it. And I believe he will weigh that in any decision he makes if offered the Breathitt job.

If the administration and the people in Owsley County support him and his position is pretty secure there, he should think long and hard and leaving that situation for the Breathitt County job.

I'll speculate a little...

Breathitt has passed on him numerous times. Why are the suddenly legitimately interested in him? The only new variable in the equation is his nephew, Nick Noble. Ironically, he's the best PG prospect I've seen at Breathitt High in some time and he'll no doubt return to the team if his uncle takes the head coaching job. After observing the way things operate in Breathitt County, I don't feel like I'm going out on a limb to suggest that Nick Noble could be reason number one why they want Doug to coach. Somebody mentioned a 4-year guarantee...I'd say two is more likely.;)

I wouldn't fault Doug Noble either way...I can understand wanting to be closer to home. It makes work much more convenient and allows you more personal time. I can also understand if he's a bit skeptical/hesitant about taking the job considering the track record Breathitt County has with basketball coaches. If he's satisfied and happy and Owsley County and doesn't mind the drive and other inconveniences that go with working further away, then I think he should stay.

As a Breathitt County fan, I'd love to see him get the job...if the powers that be would actually let him do the job. I think they should have hired him at least 10 years ago and I think he'd be a great coach, a great fit and a great representative for Breathitt County. But, more than likely if they did hire him, they wouldn't leave him alone and let him do the job. So, from that perspective, I hate to see a good man in the situation that is Breathitt County basketball coach.

Breathitt's basketball coach has been treated far more like a political appointee than a real coach in my lifetime. It may change, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope that Coach Noble stays in Owsley. Needs to open his eyes and realize what Breathitt has done to him in the past, and that they are only hiring him to get his nephew Nick back on the team. Owsley County supports him and are dedicated to him.

You have got that right! Just wait and see--let Nick and Salyers get back--practice 1 minute in football or any other sport at BHS and the heat will be on--Doug will wish he had stayed at OCHS--but it will be tooooo late!!

If the administration and the people in Owsley County support him and his position is pretty secure there, he should think long and hard and leaving that situation for the Breathitt County job.

I'll speculate a little...

Breathitt has passed on him numerous times. Why are the suddenly legitimately interested in him? The only new variable in the equation is his nephew, Nick Noble. Ironically, he's the best PG prospect I've seen at Breathitt High in some time and he'll no doubt return to the team if his uncle takes the head coaching job. After observing the way things operate in Breathitt County, I don't feel like I'm going out on a limb to suggest that Nick Noble could be reason number one why they want Doug to coach. Somebody mentioned a 4-year guarantee...I'd say two is more likely.;)

I wouldn't fault Doug Noble either way...I can understand wanting to be closer to home. It makes work much more convenient and allows you more personal time. I can also understand if he's a bit skeptical/hesitant about taking the job considering the track record Breathitt County has with basketball coaches. If he's satisfied and happy and Owsley County and doesn't mind the drive and other inconveniences that go with working further away, then I think he should stay.

As a Breathitt County fan, I'd love to see him get the job...if the powers that be would actually let him do the job. I think they should have hired him at least 10 years ago and I think he'd be a great coach, a great fit and a great representative for Breathitt County. But, more than likely if they did hire him, they wouldn't leave him alone and let him do the job. So, from that perspective, I hate to see a good man in the situation that is Breathitt County basketball coach.

Breathitt's basketball coach has been treated far more like a political appointee than a real coach in my lifetime. It may change, but I'm not holding my breath.

You are 100% on it IMO! I do trust that Doug will see through the smoke screen set up by Arch! It is too ironic to be for real and sincere that all of a sudden Arch wants Doug to come to Breathitt. Doug should be smart enough to see through it--But I know it looks inviting--it would to any Breathitt countian--but history doesn't lie. People do not change overnight--and neither does Arch. :devil:

I talked to a person that will help with the hiring of the new coach last night and he told me that there has been only two so far put in for this job. One was Doug Noble and the other was Kyle Lively. They also said that another had talked of being interested but hasn't really come forth yet. I will wait to see if he does before I mention his name. You guys are crazy if you think that Doug wouldn't be interested in this job. He has wanted it for the last 10 years.

^I don't believe anyone on here thinks he wouldn't be interested. You'd be crazy not to at least explore the possibility of coaching your hometown team, IMO. You'd also be crazy to ignore the history of Breathitt County's basketball coach.

He should understand that there is a reasonable chance that his days could be numbered as soon as his nephew graduates. If he's willing to take that risk, then go for it. I wouldn't fault him either way because I can see both sides. I understand the appeal of returning home to work and I also understand the appeal of job security and the skepticism that should come with taking the Breathitt County job.

In my personal opinion, I think Doug Noble should have been hired as the head coach for Breathitt County in the mid-90's...they should have hired him instead of Roscoe Denney and left him alone to do the job. Had they done that, he'd still be the coach and they'd have a solid man for the job for many, many years (just like the football has had Holcomb for 20+ years).

However, as I said earlier, they treat the position like a political office and it's really hurt our basketball program over the years. A lot of people want to act like the football at Breathitt County is the reason the basketball struggles, but that is not true. The political powers that be are what holds our basketball back. If they'd hire a real coach and a good coach, leave him alone and let him do the job, Bobcat basketball would return to Rupp sooner rather than later...

As a Bobcat fan, I hope Doug Noble gets the job. It would be the first good hire our administration has made with our basketball program in my lifetime.

^I don't believe anyone on here thinks he wouldn't be interested. You'd be crazy not to at least explore the possibility of coaching your hometown team, IMO. You'd also be crazy to ignore the history of Breathitt County's basketball coach.

He should understand that there is a reasonable chance that his days could be numbered as soon as his nephew graduates. If he's willing to take that risk, then go for it. I wouldn't fault him either way because I can see both sides. I understand the appeal of returning home to work and I also understand the appeal of job security and the skepticism that should come with taking the Breathitt County job.

In my personal opinion, I think Doug Noble should have been hired as the head coach for Breathitt County in the mid-90's...they should have hired him instead of Roscoe Denney and left him alone to do the job. Had they done that, he'd still be the coach and they'd have a solid man for the job for many, many years (just like the football has had Holcomb for 20+ years).

However, as I said earlier, they treat the position like a political office and it's really hurt our basketball program over the years. A lot of people want to act like the football at Breathitt County is the reason the basketball struggles, but that is not true. The political powers that be are what holds our basketball back. If they'd hire a real coach and a good coach, leave him alone and let him do the job, Bobcat basketball would return to Rupp sooner rather than later...

As a Bobcat fan, I hope Doug Noble gets the job. It would be the first good hire our administration has made with our basketball program in my lifetime.

Good points. As an outside observer, I wonder why the people/fans of Breathitt Co. continue to allow your Supt. and his flunkies to keep control? I understand there is a certain amount of school politics that goes on in most systems but, to allow politicians disguised as educators to constantly undermine your athletic program should be unacceptable. If you ignore it, nothing will change.

I say hire OH Napier for coach.

The only reason that they won't hire Napier for coach is that he isn't going to bring any players with him like Noble or Lively would. If they hire Lively they are going to get Salyers back, and if they hire Noble they are going to get both Nick and Josh back. Not to mention Doug's middle school sons who are pretty good and the Hensley's man middle school son who is not to bad himself.

Lets get it over with hire someone so life in both counties can get back to normal. Hopefully If Noble does leave, Owsley will hire someone from within the school system so they will stay awhile and build the program up again if it can be. Maybe a Dan Marshall who helped Tim Bob a few years. Its going to take a few years whoever gets it. Who knows maybe Gary Cornett who coached the girls for the last half of the season last year. Just talking in case Noble does leave Owsley. Doc. Mayes might come out of retirement who knows.