Breathitt Co. Coach Resigns:

Let's get the story right about what happen to Banks, First the Noble and Salyers kids left and then Allen and Fugate, then last week Banks went to Knott Co. at the Sportsplex and wouldn't play Perry Central or Hazard on Monday and came back on Thur. and beat Owsley by 1 pt. and then lost to Hazard's JV team by about 40. And Arch told him he wasn't going to have a team to lose to a JV team like that and also told Banks that he was the one in fault for running all the players off. That is 100% facts:

This statement isn't completly true now is it.......

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't they it is another year and another coach for Owsley. Seems about right

Owsley County has been through some coaches however looks are decieving.

Bobrowski, left to become an administrator in another district.

Hicks: left to take another coaching job at a larger school

Parrett: Left to coach at a larger school that is closer to his home.

These are reasons that people dont often consider when they talk about the coaching situation at Owsley County.

Why wouldn't they it is another year and another coach for Owsley. Seems about right

You need to know one thing. Owsley does look at resumes! And I am sure that Owsley does not look forward to hiring a coach every year. Coaches have left for reasons that were expected to enhance their futures--if Doug leaves-- this again is the case. Coach Parrett and Coach Noble will not tell anyone that they did not and have not had the full support of the school, etc.

Owsley County has been through some coaches however looks are decieving.

Bobrowski, left to become an administrator in another district.

Hicks: left to take another coaching job at a larger school

Parrett: Left to coach at a larger school that is closer to his home.

These are reasons that people dont often consider when they talk about the coaching situation at Owsley County.

Thank you for explaining to those people, who obviously are eager to criticize Owsley the REST of the STORY!:thumb:

I think Doug will stay at Owsley County. He's wanted there and appreciated. He has a very good middle school group of players, so the future is bright. He has a good team coming back next year anchored by two of the best guards in the region in his nephew Nick and Devan Evans.

Breathitt had the opportunity to hire him in the past, and passed on it. And I believe he will weigh that in any decision he makes if offered the Breathitt job.

Well, whatever Coach Noble decides to do I wish him well. I got to know him this year when I subbed at the high school, and he's the kind of person who you immediately like. No nonsense with this guy. Pure class.

Breathitt County would be fortunate to have him as a coach...but I hope he stays at Owsley County.

I have heard from sources inside the school that Devin is going back to Wolfe County. He has been playing Summer ball with them this year.

You are allowed to play summer ball with any team that you would like.

Let's get the story right about what happen to Banks, First the Noble and Salyers kids left and then Allen and Fugate, then last week Banks went to Knott Co. at the Sportsplex and wouldn't play Perry Central or Hazard on Monday and came back on Thur. and beat Owsley by 1 pt. and then lost to Hazard's JV team by about 40. And Arch told him he wasn't going to have a team to lose to a JV team like that and also told Banks that he was the one in fault for running all the players off. That is 100% facts:

100% fact, I don't think so. Breatitt beat Owsley by 12 in the first half and 2 in the second for a total of 14. Hazards Varsity, including Campbell, Jones Warren , Whitaker played against Breathitt in the game in which Hazard won. The first half was lop sided, but the same people played in the second half and Hazard won by 2. I don't know about the rest of your 100% facts, but you are badly mistaken about the games.