Breathitt Co. Coach Resigns:

As far as I know, Banks will still hold a job within the Breathitt County School system. He is director of transportation. He just wont be the coach anymore. I talked to Arch Turner yesterday at Breathitts football practice and he said that they are making a strong push at doug.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Arch will make a strong push for Mr. Noble--that is how he works--so the question is-"will Mr. Noble leave a secure and appreciated position at Owsley, where he has the ultimate support of the administration and the kids love him"--back to a place where politics reign supreme--only to last for a couple of years--if lucky--with the supt. telling him who to play and what offense and defense to run--?? Doug has been the victim of Breathitt County politics several times before--It would be great for him to be able to be close to home---but sometimes that is not ultimately the best situation for you. I know Doug will have a tough emotional decision to make--if he is indeed offered the job, which I am sure he probably will be--Mr. Noble is a class act and I hope he will search deep and make a decision that will move him forward in his coaching career. He has a lot of years left in the teaching and coaching profession---And based on historical facts--it is not in the cards for someone to last at BHS for more than 3 or 4 years. Looks to me that this job is for someone like Denny Fugate who could retire anytime he chooses--so he can be Arch's buddy for a couple of years--then go on to other things. The young coaches in the area deserve something better than the Breathitt County Politics!!:fight::fire:

I am sure Arch will make a strong push for Mr. Noble--that is how he works--so the question is-"will Mr. Noble leave a secure and appreciated position at Owsley, where he has the ultimate support of the administration and the kids love him"--back to a place where politics reign supreme--only to last for a couple of years--if lucky--with the supt. telling him who to play and what offense and defense to run--?? Doug has been the victim of Breathitt County politics several times before--It would be great for him to be able to be close to home---but sometimes that is not ultimately the best situation for you. I know Doug will have a tough emotional decision to make--if he is indeed offered the job, which I am sure he probably will be--Mr. Noble is a class act and I hope he will search deep and make a decision that will move him forward in his coaching career. He has a lot of years left in the teaching and coaching profession---And based on historical facts--it is not in the cards for someone to last at BHS for more than 3 or 4 years. Looks to me that this job is for someone like Denny Fugate who could retire anytime he chooses--so he can be Arch's buddy for a couple of years--then go on to other things. The young coaches in the area deserve something better than the Breathitt County Politics!!:fight::fire:

I couldnt agree more. Coach Noble is well liked and has great support from the administration and community at Owsley County. It will be a difficult decision for him to make.

Wouldn't the KHSAA have to reinstate Denny Fugate before he can coach agian? (from a prior incident)

They are rumors floating around Owsley County that Tim Bobrowski will be returning to Owsley County, to accept the prinicpal position at the Elementary School. If Doug does leave I hope to see Tim roaming the sidelines at Owsley County High School.

I would certainly hate to lose Doug Noble at Owsley County. He is a class act, and has the support he needs at Owsley. He has a heck of a middle school group coming up through the system. He's a very dedicated person, and is much appreciated by this Owsley County fan. Hopefully he will be back next season.

GO OWLS!!!

Prof, exactly how many head coaches have the Owls had in the last 10-15 years???

They had Charlie Turner, Larry Sparks and

Tim Bobrowski--over a period of about 19 years--for the last 10 years the Owls have had bad luck when it comes to retaining a solid boy's coach. Coach Parrett and Coach Noble were great hires--but Booneville was and is a drive for them. Coach Parrett left to take a job at a much larger North Laurel, close to his home--If Coach Noble should leave--it would be to a much larger school, close to his home. Just remember Coach Noble is not gone yet---and knowing Breathitt politics like he should--he just might not buy in to Arch's rhetoric and promises--but I'm sure it would be tempting?????Owsley--offers lots of support to its athletic programs--but as a small town,class A school --coaches as of late have seemed to look at it as a stop on their way to bigger things. Coach Noble needs to just take a mind trip back a few years--and that should confirm his decision to stay in BOONEVILLE. The OWLS could be a great team to watch in 2008 with Noble #1 on the bench and the other Noble on the court along with the other kids:dancingpa!

I dont see Doug staying at Owsley, with what arch told me he would be insane to stay. He is getting a guarenteed 4 year contract no matter how good they do or how bad they do.

Coaching is a year to year hire, no contracts, this is a fact. I have heard the name Mike Smith, never a head coach but a employee for Perry County.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I dont see Doug staying at Owsley, with what arch told me he would be insane to stay. He is getting a guarenteed 4 year contract no matter how good they do or how bad they do.

There is no such thing as:confused: a legitimate four year contract in school level positions like coaches. He might give him one verbally--but Arch has been known to change his mind---politics as usual????