Breathitt Co. Coach Resigns:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard from several reliable sources close to the schoo system and have heard that Doug Noble, current Owsley county coach has been interviewed and they are interested in him.

Same here, and he is bringing his nephew with him Nick. I have been saying that coach Banks wouldnt be back and noone beleived me. O well....

This is the best thing that could happen to this program with Banks leaving, a couple yrs. ago these young men that was coming out of Middle School that will be Jrs. this year should have completed not only for the region title but also the state title that how much talent they had. If Supt. Turner was smart he would try and hurry up and hire Doug Noble because he could get most of these players back. I know that Nick Noble would come with him and also the Salyers kid that is playing with perry central this summer would maybe be back, so they need to make a quick move.:banana:

Doug Noble is a good guy and a class act. I could see how Breathitt County would want him. However Breathitt County passed on him a couple times in the past. It would be a loss for Owsley who gave him his first head coaching (high school job ) if he were to leave.

This is the best thing that could happen to this program with Banks leaving, a couple yrs. ago these young men that was coming out of Middle School that will be Jrs. this year should have completed not only for the region title but also the state title that how much talent they had. If Supt. Turner was smart he would try and hurry up and hire Doug Noble because he could get most of these players back. I know that Nick Noble would come with him and also the Salyers kid that is playing with perry central this summer would maybe be back, so they need to make a quick move.:banana:

Josh was at Jackson City last time I checked. Who knows though. Banks was a good coach but wasnt really that great with the kids. Ive spoken to some of the players that played for him and he didnt relate well to them at all is what they said. You have to have some give with kids, it always cant be his way or the highway. I for one would love to see Doug coaching Breathitt next year and Nick playin in blue.

I'm wondering if rumors are true that Banks is going to be the next Owsley Co head coach. I bet he will end up coaching in some other school.

I have learned that most rumors are NOT true. I don't know if Coach Noble will return to Owsley (he should), but I can guarantee you the Banks will not be there.