2008 Ashland Blazer

bugatti

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ashland will be much better this season then what they were last year. They have more of an experienced line with a good TE, and with Carter playing, they have a "Big Play" threat. Ashland also has some experience at QB. Defensively, they return some experience as well.

I expect a much better Ashland team to take the field this season then last year. Last year they only returned one starter, this year they return a lot more. Make the playoffs? I would say it is a possibility, they only have to beat one district opponent, and I would say they have the ability to surprise someone.

I think Ashland will be much better this season then what they were last year. They have more of an experienced line with a good TE, and with Carter playing, they have a "Big Play" threat. Ashland also has some experience at QB. Defensively, they return some experience as well.

I expect a much better Ashland team to take the field this season then last year. Last year they only returned one starter, this year they return a lot more. Make the playoffs? I would say it is a possibility, they only have to beat one district opponent, and I would say they have the ability to surprise someone.

I agree with all points that you made. Ashland imo will be much better, they are imo playng this season with a chip on their shoulder and ready to prove something. Ashland is still Ashland and wll not be down for long. I look for the Tomcats to make the playoffs this season.

... I expect a much better Ashland team to take the field this season then last year...and I would say they have the ability to surprise someone.

... I look for the Tomcats to make the playoffs this season.

Thanks - you two are too kind! You wouldn’t try to lull us to sleep would you? :D

The Tomcats had better focus on their season opener with Raceland August 29, or they will get their heads handed to them AGAIN. The Rams are good and they're looking for a three-peat, have no doubt!

Edited by Graybeard

Thanks - you two are too kind! You wouldn’t try to lull us to sleep would you? :D

You can't blame a Ram for trying.:D

But, in all honesty, I expect a totally different Ashland team to take the field this year. And, if Raceland thanks they are going to be handed a game in the season opener, they will get a rude awakening.

Painter, I agree players should be excited, and the game has become a big game for both schools. As for the venue, it seems that it is a bigger deal for the Russell fans that Raceland plays at Putum every year, then it is for the Raceland fans. The last several seasons, the Russell fans seem to get very upset at the fact that Raceland is playing at Putnum again. I, honestly, have not heard many Raceland fans, and I have not heard any Raceland coaches, complain about the venue.

As for me, it does not bother me, as long as Raceland continues to make money on the deal. It doesn't bother me for Raceland to play at Ashland. Sure, I would like to have more home games, but playing this game as Ashland every year is really not a big deal to me.

Why would Russell fans get upset about Raceland playing @ Ashland?