2008 Ashland Blazer

bugatti

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland should dominate just about everyone on their schedule...

Here is an interesting post I found in another thread - a prediction of domination, not just victory.

The Tomcats have a lot of work to do to earn any respect.

...The Tomcats have a lot of work to do to earn any respect.

So very true, Graybeard. Respect is earned and although there is much pride in the tradition of Tomcat football, our current group of Cats should have something to prove this year.

Im sure we will have an Ashland vs Raceland thread soon enough, but talk and speculation is running high with our good friends over in Ram Country. Raceland also enjoys a rich football tradition and we are already in uncharted territory with the Rams beating Ashland for two consecutive years. Let’s hope these 2008 Cats are ready to start “earning” some respect by challenging Raceland for a win on opening night.

^ Painter: The Rams obviously expect a 3-peat at Putnam this year – and in a convincing manner (DOMINATION).

We’d better get used to the taste…

This is what Im ready for...

[ATTACH]23866[/ATTACH]

You guys are already in mid season form!!:eek::lol:

Here is an interesting post I found in another thread - a prediction of domination, not just victory.

The Tomcats have a lot of work to do to earn any respect.

So very true, Graybeard. Respect is earned and although there is much pride in the tradition of Tomcat football, our current group of Cats should have something to prove this year.

Im sure we will have an Ashland vs Raceland thread soon enough, but talk and speculation is running high with our good friends over in Ram Country. Raceland also enjoys a rich football tradition and we are already in uncharted territory with the Rams beating Ashland for two consecutive years. Let’s hope these 2008 Cats are ready to start “earning” some respect by challenging Raceland for a win on opening night.

I didn't think that it would take very long for some Tomcat eyes to find that post. Although I do admire the confidence of the young man that made that statement. I believe that you will find a few other post over there that are more realistic and that everyone here in RamLand respects the Ashland tradition and program. :thumb::lol:.

Good Luck to all of our friends in Tomcat Land.....except for on Aug. 29th at Putnam Stadium. I hope that you go 14-1 with a another State Championship with the only loss being in your season opener.:D:thumb:

GO RAMS!!!

and...........

GO TOMCATS!!! (After Aug. 29th. :thumb:)

Good Luck to all of our friends in Tomcat Land.....except for on Aug. 29th at Putnam Stadium. I hope that you go 14-1 with a another State Championship with the only loss being in your season opener.

Thanks for the well wishes oldramber...I hope Raceland lives up to the hype which seems to be growing everyday (insert Aug 29th disclaimer here). The past two home openers have been heart breakers for Ashland....I cant think of a team I would rather play on opening night other than Raceland. A win against the Rams is exactly what Ashland needs to get their season rolling.

Btw...I was glad to hear the contract to keep this game in place for Ashland has been renewed for the next two years.

Thanks for the well wishes oldramber...I hope Raceland lives up to the hype which seems to be growing everyday (insert Aug 29th disclaimer here). The past two home openers have been heart breakers for Ashland....I cant think of a team I would rather play on opening night other than Raceland. A win against the Rams is exactly what Ashland needs to get their season rolling.

Btw...I was glad to hear the contract to keep this game in place for Ashland has been renewed for the next two years.

That is good to hear:thumb:. I had not heard that . I enjoy the series between the two and the mutual respect between the two schools and their fans. That is what high school football is meant to be.

All of the Raceland fans have respect for the Ashland program and there are a lot of connections between the two school. Sometimes a player or two gets a little to confident in their up coming season and has to be re-focused. I assure you that none of us expect a domination by either team, but I do expect a great season opener for both schools. And, I too am happy that this series will continue, it's always a great evening of high school football.

That is good to hear:thumb:. I had not heard that . I enjoy the series between the two and the mutual respect between the two schools and their fans. That is what high school football is meant to be.

If neither of those games are in Ram Stadium I'm not sure how much mutual respect really exists.

If neither of those games are in Ram Stadium I'm not sure how much mutual respect really exists.

I think most of the Raceland faithful are comfortable playing at Putnam. They may even consider it their “home away from home”. The Rams’ bus ride to Putnam isn’t much farther than the Tomcats’ bus ride. Come on now and admit it; Putnam Stadium is a good place to watch a game. :D

I’m happy to leave the “where we play stuff” to the people who’s job it is.

As for me – I’m glad we’re playing for two more years. :thumb:

I'm sorry- other people can feel that way. I just feel like if there is mutual respect, after all these seasons, then they should come to Raceland at least once. But hey- if the powers at be at Raceland want to keep going to Ashland more power to them. And if the fans that go to every game are fine with it so be it. I am merely one person expressing an opinion on a message board.

But if I am an Ashland player/fan/coach I would WANT to come to Raceland and beat them in their house- especially after they beat you the last two seasons at Putnam. Wouldn't you want to go into Raceland's house and beat them? Give them the same feeling they gave you?

I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to me that Raceland would continue to agree to come up there and Ashland wouldn't want to come down there. But like I said that's just my opinion. And you know what they say about that. Everybody has one. :thumb: And that is the last you will hear me say...errr....type on the subject. ;)

I think Ashland will do well in 2008. They will be looking for a stand out kid to replace Matt Thomas- but Ashland always seems to find that guy, I think they have a solid Coach and staff in place, but their schedule is tough.

Ashland has a great program and tradition. Best of luck in 2008.