UK Recruiting Tidbits

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some scuttlebutt out there that Derrick Favors may be at the Elite Camp.

2010 kids Brandon Knight, Terone Johnson....to name a few.

Be big to get Favors there, especially with Orton there to put a few good little things in his ear. That'd would be a good front line to bring in to replace Patterson who could contribute right away. :thumb:

I may be misinformed here LABS but Favors has never been on campus in Lexington has he? Getting to see the tradition of winning first hand really is what makes a lot of recruits fall in love with the program, so of it will be his first trip it could do a lot in regards to pulling him into the bluegrass.

Not sure if he has been there before or not.

It is up in the air if he will be there or not....Favors.

I dont think any of the Indiana kids will be there. There is a IHSAA rule stating kids can not attend camps for two weeks and today is the first day of that two week window.

Barnes will not make it....scheduling conflict.

Barnes will not make it....scheduling conflict.

Looks like he was at the Florida camp this weekend and got a lot of attention.

As for Favors, it's less than 1% he picks UK. Getting him on campus would be nice, but he's not going to UK...

Patterson struggled against Louisville, but they didn't have an "athletic" big. It was David Padgett, who was having a difficult time with his knees. You can attribute most of that to Pitino's gameplan, which has always been effective against the Cats.

I'll never forget the way that Pitino took Shagari out of the game a few years back. He had Tubby confused and it worked out brilliantly for Coach Pitino.

As far as struggling against Mississippi State...it's tough to put up good numbers when Varnado is blocking everything near (and sometimes above ;)) the rim.

• 2 weeks later...
The new hot name is Russell Byrd (2010), 6'7 shooting guard from Ft. Wayne, IN. He made his second visit to Lexington this weekend and will be returning for Big Blue Madness. He has quite a few offers, and some think it may come down to UK and Michigan State.

Same hometown as Jim Master. Does he attend the same high school?

Probably that both Liggins and Galloway are eligible.

That's what I was thinking. However, I wouldn't consider that very big news. I know it's been up in the air but from all reports, they're eligible. I'm hoping for something different...