Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting Tidbits

Featured Replies

Thanks GT if you hear a definite please let us know. I appreciate all the info you all come up with and enjoy reading the updates.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't want anything to do with Stephenson...

 

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Saying he's a bit of a head case is putting it very mildly...

You don't want anything to do with Stephenson...

 

Is he one of those Joe Crawford (pre-Billy Gillispie) attitudes?

Is he one of those Joe Crawford (pre-Billy Gillispie) attitudes?

Far worse...

A class of Orton, Hood, and Boyd sounds to be the most realistic with a PG more than likely of some sort. It will probably either be Vilarino or Colvin. If UK gets a commitment from Colvin that maybe a sign from UK for Vilarino to move on. I know I am negative towards Vilarino, but I believe we need a better PG than him from this class.

 

Orton, Hood, and Boyd (Boyd may have eligibility issues) would give us 3 top notch players in the class.

Orton and Hood would be excellent in itself. That would give PP more incentive to stay.

Orton and Hood would be excellent in itself. That would give PP more incentive to stay.

Barring injury issues, Patterson isn't going to be "enticed" to stay. He's going to be a top 10 pick, and it will be the right call to go...

Is Cousins starting to shop around gt?

Yes. The initial word was Memphis State, but that could be risky now given their new issues.

 

He exploded in the evaluation period, and things will get very interesting when he reopens things officially...

  • Author
Barring injury issues, Patterson isn't going to be "enticed" to stay. He's going to be a top 10 pick, and it will be the right call to go...

 

You really think he will be a top ten pick?

 

I think he has some "issues" in regards to being a top ten pick. I don't think he is overly athletic. I don't think he has improved his game, at least not yet, where he can knock down the 15 footer consistently. He will have problems scoring over NBA power forwards.

How high is his ceiling?

What he is right now is a hard working, physical PF that can score in and around the basket, and has a GREAT attitude and desire to get better. Perfect makeup for a great college player.

I see some similar issues with him as with Hansbrough, in regards to the next level.

You really think he will be a top ten pick?

 

I think he has some "issues" in regards to being a top ten pick. I don't think he is overly athletic. I don't think he has improved his game, at least not yet, where he can knock down the 15 footer consistently. He will have problems scoring over NBA power forwards.

How high is his ceiling?

What he is right now is a hard working, physical PF that can score in and around the basket, and has a GREAT attitude and desire to get better. Perfect makeup for a great college player.

I see some similar issues with him as with Hansbrough, in regards to the next level.

I see him as a top 10 pick in the 09 draft. It's going to be pretty awful from front to back, and I don't see a PF outside of Blake Griffin getting taken over Patterson. The bigs on the way in don't do much for me, and that includes my favorite freak PF in Gates. If he had Pattersons motor, forget it...

I see him as a top 10 pick in the 09 draft. It's going to be pretty awful from front to back, and I don't see a PF outside of Blake Griffin getting taken over Patterson. The bigs on the way in don't do much for me, and that includes my favorite freak PF in Gates. If he had Pattersons motor, forget it...

 

How about Mullens from (soon to be) Ohio $tate? The kid has pretty bigtime NBA potential, especially if he can take over defensively.

 

Other than Mullens, Griffin & Thabeet, I can't think of any big men who would go over PatPat. Unless you would have asked me 2 years ago, then I would have included Greg Monroe (and Kevin Durant & Greg Oden & Kosta Koufous ;)).

How about Mullens from (soon to be) Ohio $tate? The kid has pretty bigtime NBA potential, especially if he can take over defensively.

 

Other than Mullens, Griffin & Thabeet, I can't think of any big men who would go over PatPat. Unless you would have asked me 2 years ago, then I would have included Greg Monroe (and Kevin Durant & Greg Oden & Kosta Koufous ;)).

I was talking PF. Mullins and my #1 pick Thabeet are Cs.

 

Durant was never a PF.

 

Kosta was a guy that wanted to be a perimeter big, and was leaving for the draft the day he got to "t"OSU.

 

I was saying Monroe was a system type guy long before Rivals had him #1 for a while.

 

If Blake and Willie Warren can co-exist, watch out for Oklahoma...

Speaking of Vilarino, I think he's gonna be a solid floor leader. Probably not spectactular, but I think he can be an asset to UK. There is a place on most basketball teams for point guards that play smart...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.