Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Recruiting Tidbits

Featured Replies

Whats everyones feelings on Shawn Kemp Jr? Any chance he tries to make up for dad's mistakes?

 

He is a big body and that is something we need.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is a big body and that is something we need.

 

If we miss on Orton I wouldn't mind if Kemp came in. He has been one of the fastest rising players in the class and he certainly has the body and genes to become a solid player.

He is a big body and that is something we need.

 

He's a big, skinny body. About a quarter of the weight his dad was during his last couple years of his NBA career...

 

He's pretty raw, too. I would liken him to Perry Stevenson.

  • Author

Daniel Orton's dad is working the UK Father/Son Camp, and told a few people that UK leads for his son and he hopes it works out.

Orton is UK's best chance for a big guy.

I think he will wait til the spring, and monitor Patterson situation. If Patterson jumps at NBA, UK's chances go up significantly IMO. If he doesn't they still have a decent shot but maybe a tougher road...

 

The Liggins news is all over the place, but most think he will make it...I am still EXTREMELY CONFIDENT he makes it.

Any new happenings with Christian Watford?

  • Author

Watford had a good NBAPA Camp.

Says pretty much UK, UL, Memphis, Indiana, Alabama are the schools showing the most interest.

 

Jon Hood had a really good NBAPA Camp...once he adds some bulk he will be a really nice college player.

Matt Jones reports UK is the leader with Daniel Orton.

What about John Wall? A lot of websites have him as the number 1 overall player in this class

What about John Wall? A lot of websites have him as the number 1 overall player in this class

 

 

John Wall was reported saying that his new top 3 are UK, Memphis, and Kansas, and not in any particular order.

Brad Reese, a juco player who is supposedly very good could be a late addition for UK in 08. I am not sure all the details, I believe hes just played 1 year of juco. If he can get eligible he is considering UK. He is 6-6, athletic, and a very good shooter based on what I heard.

Brad Reese, a juco player who is supposedly very good could be a late addition for UK in 08. I am not sure all the details, I believe hes just played 1 year of juco. If he can get eligible he is considering UK. He is 6-6, athletic, and a very good shooter based on what I heard.

 

If he can get elgible, where have we heard that before. Seems to be a pattern BCG is attracted too.

John Wall was reported saying that his new top 3 are UK, Memphis, and Kansas, and not in any particular order.

 

I read last week, from Jeff Goodman, that Wall's top three are Baylor, Oregon and Oklahoma St. Demling even mentioned it in his blog. Seems odd to me...

Pattern or not, if they have talent this late and you have a need, you take the chance. They are still available for a reason, and that reason may be getting worked out over the summer when most other teams have full rosters. Take the talent you need when available and hope for the best. All coaches take chances on grades, attitude or motivation when gathering talent, early or late. It's a gamble.

I read last week, from Jeff Goodman, that Wall's top three are Baylor, Oregon and Oklahoma St. Demling even mentioned it in his blog. Seems odd to me...

 

What I saw was a direct quote from Wall from this weekend. I still think its going to be very tough to get him, but we still seem to be in the thick of things.

If he can get elgible, where have we heard that before. Seems to be a pattern BCG is attracted too.

 

Not saying that its not, but I havent heard anything as far as him getting eligible havig to do with grades. I believe its more about him only being in juco 1 year and then playing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.