UK Recruiting Tidbits

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a big body and that is something we need.

If we miss on Orton I wouldn't mind if Kemp came in. He has been one of the fastest rising players in the class and he certainly has the body and genes to become a solid player.

He is a big body and that is something we need.

He's a big, skinny body. About a quarter of the weight his dad was during his last couple years of his NBA career...

He's pretty raw, too. I would liken him to Perry Stevenson.

Daniel Orton's dad is working the UK Father/Son Camp, and told a few people that UK leads for his son and he hopes it works out.

Orton is UK's best chance for a big guy.

I think he will wait til the spring, and monitor Patterson situation. If Patterson jumps at NBA, UK's chances go up significantly IMO. If he doesn't they still have a decent shot but maybe a tougher road...

The Liggins news is all over the place, but most think he will make it...I am still EXTREMELY CONFIDENT he makes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Brad Reese, a juco player who is supposedly very good could be a late addition for UK in 08. I am not sure all the details, I believe hes just played 1 year of juco. If he can get eligible he is considering UK. He is 6-6, athletic, and a very good shooter based on what I heard.

Brad Reese, a juco player who is supposedly very good could be a late addition for UK in 08. I am not sure all the details, I believe hes just played 1 year of juco. If he can get eligible he is considering UK. He is 6-6, athletic, and a very good shooter based on what I heard.

If he can get elgible, where have we heard that before. Seems to be a pattern BCG is attracted too.

John Wall was reported saying that his new top 3 are UK, Memphis, and Kansas, and not in any particular order.

I read last week, from Jeff Goodman, that Wall's top three are Baylor, Oregon and Oklahoma St. Demling even mentioned it in his blog. Seems odd to me...

Pattern or not, if they have talent this late and you have a need, you take the chance. They are still available for a reason, and that reason may be getting worked out over the summer when most other teams have full rosters. Take the talent you need when available and hope for the best. All coaches take chances on grades, attitude or motivation when gathering talent, early or late. It's a gamble.

I read last week, from Jeff Goodman, that Wall's top three are Baylor, Oregon and Oklahoma St. Demling even mentioned it in his blog. Seems odd to me...

What I saw was a direct quote from Wall from this weekend. I still think its going to be very tough to get him, but we still seem to be in the thick of things.

If he can get elgible, where have we heard that before. Seems to be a pattern BCG is attracted too.

Not saying that its not, but I havent heard anything as far as him getting eligible havig to do with grades. I believe its more about him only being in juco 1 year and then playing.