UK Recruiting Tidbits

Instead of clogging up board with new threads, figured I would just combine some things.

In a deal that has kind of come out of left field, a top 10 prospect for the 2009 class has added UK to his final three and will be making a visit...Lance Stepheson from NYC...will visit UK, along with UCLA, and the presumed favorite Kansas. Kansas though is close to getting a verbal from top a top 10 player in Xavier Henry.

Youtube sensation Hunter McClintock has not received an offer and I doubt he will, IMO.

Roburt Sallie is supposedly visiting UK during the middle of next week. I was told he made UK the last visit for a reason....but also have heard that he was down to UC and Memphis, but I don't think that one is true.

Christian Watford visited UK for the Elite Camp then headed across town to UL for an unofficial visit.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard Sallie is down to UC and Memphis from several sources, but I'm with you on that one. If he visits UK, they will likely land him IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kansas land Henry and Stephenson. Both are very, very good. I'd have Henry at #2 behind Favors in the 09 class...

Also have heard that UL could be in the lead for Watford...

Possibly, the kid will take visits and decide in November but said he could wait longer.

I read one supposed interview on one of the UL sites and it was obviously a canned piece. Interview posted Monday evening and he didn't get to UL until late Monday night.

Sometimes you have to watch out for "spin" on fan sites.

He may very well have UL at the top.

Orton was interviewed tonight on a Louisville radio station and spoke glowingly about his visit.

Still a long way to go in the process.

Spoke glowingly of Louisville or Kentucky?

How unusual is it for a player to "just show up" at an Elite Camp?