Your top 10 players in the mountains next year

Watched Strange at least six times last year and saw him twice at G-Town team camp last week, nice high school player but would struggle at many levels in the college ranks. When considering players from the 13-14 regions for college basketball remember the Cash kid that played at Rockcastle a few years back, I saw him play at the NAIA D1 level and he had a hard time getting the ball up the floor and his defense was terrible. He was one of the best the

13th had and he was a coaches son but the talent was above what he could do.

Cash was a great high school player, but Strange has a little more strenght and size. :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If drafting a team to compete in Regions 13 - 16 with the players from each respective region, I'd take:

1st Team:

PG - Justice - Shelby Valley

SG - Zachery - Bell Co.

SF - Hatfield - Shelby Valley

PF - Knipp - Elliott Co.

C - Jones - Hazard

2nd Team:

PG - Whittaker - Hazard

SG - Cox - Knott Central

SF - Fergueson - Elliott Co.

PF - Miller - Knox Central

C - Adams - Shelby Valley

3rd Team:

PG - L. Bryant - Shelby Valley

SG - Stepp - JBS

SF - Campbell - Hazard

PF - Crawford - Corbin

C - St. John - South Laurel

Just my opinion....... picking a team with the size to compete at the state level was definitely a factor as well.:devil:

Cash was a great high school player, but Strange has a little more strenght and size. :thumb:

Strange is a good player and one of the best in the region, but I'd take Cash.

If drafting a team to compete in Regions 13 - 16 with the players from each respective region, I'd take:

1st Team:

SG - Zachery - Bell Co.

PF - Knipp - Elliott Co.

C - Jones - Hazard

2nd Team:

PG - Whittaker - Hazard

SG - Cox - Knott Central

3rd Team:

SG - Stepp - JBS

SF - Campbell - Hazard

PF - Crawford - Corbin

Just my opinion....... picking a team with the size to compete at the state level was definitely a factor as well.:devil:

I'm going to have to defend my boys from Elliott County. Falkner from Elliott is probably one of the top 2-3 point guards in the whole state next season and you don't even have him as top 3 in the mountains. Also, you have two PG's from Shelby Valley in your top 3. Do they really have two PG's that are better than Falkner? Ferguson led the state or was close to leading the state in scoring last season and is being recruited by some big time schools. I would shift your teams around and put those two on your first team and move Justice and Knipp to your second team, if it were me.

I believe that I would go ahead and completely remove Knipp from the list all together. After watching some of the team camps from this summer I would put the Barnhill kid from East Carter in there as a post player. I guarantee that any of those on that list are not any better than he is.

1st Team:

SG - Zachery - Bell Co.

PF - Knipp - Elliott Co.

C - Jones - Hazard

2nd Team:

PG - Whittaker - Hazard

SG - Cox - Knott Central

3rd Team:

SG - Stepp - JBS

SF - Campbell - Hazard

PF - Crawford - Corbin

I guess you have not seen Madison Johnson 6'4 SG from Corbin Play? He is one of the best SG in the mountains if not the best.:thumb:

Strange is a good player and one of the best in the region, but I'd take Cash.
I would take Cash first also in a High School game, but I would take my chances with Strange at the next level. This is based on having more size and strength than Cash. This is not taking anything away from Cash. He was the best PG that the 13th region has seen in recent years.:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

1st Team:

SG - Zachery - Bell Co.

PF - Knipp - Elliott Co.

C - Jones - Hazard

2nd Team:

PG - Whittaker - Hazard

SG - Cox - Knott Central

3rd Team:

SG - Stepp - JBS

SF - Campbell - Hazard

PF - Crawford - Corbin

Are you talking about the young Stepp? Clark Stepp has a chance at making these teams as a pg but there are no way that his little brother makes top three teams next year. I know he has the capability of knocking down a large quantity of threes but no way does he make my top 3 combinations of teams. He would be a great sixth man to have on the bench though, imo.

Are you talking about the young Stepp? Clark Stepp has a chance at making these teams as a pg but there are no way that his little brother makes top three teams next year. I know he has the capability of knocking down a large quantity of threes but no way does he make my top 3 combinations of teams. He would be a great sixth man to have on the bench though, imo.

I believe that Clint Stepp will become more dimensional this year, also I understand he hasn't proven that he belongs with the very best players in these regions but I would think he could be an honorable mention for the third team. Also if Clark Stepp had not graduated I would like to think he would have more than a "chance" of making these teams.

I'm going to have to defend my boys from Elliott County. Falkner from Elliott is probably one of the top 2-3 point guards in the whole state next season and you don't even have him as top 3 in the mountains. Also, you have two PG's from Shelby Valley in your top 3. Do they really have two PG's that are better than Falkner? Ferguson led the state or was close to leading the state in scoring last season and is being recruited by some big time schools. I would shift your teams around and put those two on your first team and move Justice and Knipp to your second team, if it were me.

Wireman is correct. Any mountain team must have Ethan Faulkner somewhere in the mix. Any All-State team must have Ethan in the mix. This guy is starting point guard for now the 4th straight year and has back to back 16th Region tournament MOPs on his resume, two state tournament appearances, three regional final appearances, and 75 wins since his freshman year. None of the players listed on the first three teams has the resume that Ethan has to date!!!! Ferguson just had 28 points and 6 treys for the Derek Smith All-Stars in their 73-61 win over the Michigan Mustangs on Monday afternoon. This kid is the best shooter in the mountains and I will put him up against anybody in a three point shooting contest. His range is well beyond the three point line. Saw him last year hit many treys as far as 8 foot beyond the arc.

Justice has to be in there. If Elliott and Lawrence are not in the mountains we don't have mountains in Kentucky!
Elliott is in the (NO WAL-MART IN COUNTY REGION)

Lawrence had to drop out they got one this year.:D

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote