Seidel - North Laurel

Zachery - Bell Co.

Caldwell - Harlan Co.

Whitaker - Hazard

Campbell - Hazard

Warren - Hazard

Cox - June Buchanon/Knott Co.

Stepp - June Buchanon

These are some names off of the top of my head. I'm not sure about the 12th/15th regions.

What about the boys from Elliott County? They're in the mountains too, or at least they were the last time I was in Sandy Hook.

It's an old debate, but I think of regions 13-15 when the topic is mountain basketball.

It's an old debate, but I think of regions 13-15 when the topic is mountain basketball.

If that's your criteria, then when a question like this is asked, it should be labled southeastern Kentucky mountain basketball. The mountains of eastern Kentucky cover more than three regions.

I go back 30 years or so when the Courier-Journal and others talked about the mountain regions it was 13-15. The 15th is more eastern Kentucky. I think of the 13th and 14th as southeastern Kentucky.

I kind of see where HDE is coming from, though.

The media, particularly the Courier-Journal and the Herald-Leader, long ago established the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions as the area of "mountain basketball". It's just that I don't agree with that way of thinking, but I guess it's here to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Miller - Knox

Crawford - Corbin

St. John - South Laurel

Seidel - North Laurel

Zachery - Bell Co.

Caldwell - Harlan Co.

Whitaker - Hazard

Campbell - Hazard

Warren - Hazard

Cox - June Buchanon/Knott Co.

Stepp - June Buchanon

These are some names off of the top of my head. I'm not sure about the 12th/15th regions.

Let me tell you I can't believe that you name these players and left of Justice from S. Valley I'm from Breathitt Co. and seen Justice play several times this summer and he is by far the best guard in the mountains if not the best player, and I have seen Cox, Whitaker and the rest play and he is one cool cat.