Rose Hill hires football coach

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Ross is a great coach, a great role model, and a great friend of mine. This may be true, but I have a hard time believing it. Coach Ross is now on disability and rarely is able to leave his house, only for doctor appointments and physical therapy appointments. If it is true, then I wish Coach Ross the best, but I have my doubts.

Not from around here, who is coach Ross?

He was an assistant for those great Ashland Tomcat teams under Coach Herb Conley in the mid 70's, he then went to Boyd Co. as a head coach, from there to Raceland, back to Boyd County, and a couple of years at Johnson Central. He is pretty much credited for helping build the great tradation at Raceland.

He was an assistant for those great Ashland Tomcat teams under Coach Herb Conley in the mid 70's, he then went to Boyd Co. as a head coach, from there to Raceland, back to Boyd County, and a couple of years at Johnson Central. He is pretty much credited for helping build the great tradation at Raceland.

So he has left alot of programs in better shape than he found them. That's the mark of not only a good football coach but a good man.

He coached in college as well in Lynchburg.:thumb:

As Reported Coach Ross has been an Assistant at Ashland, during the '75 State Championship team. He was a head coach at Boyd Co, and the winnest coach in Raceland history. Then he went back to Boyd Co then to Johnson Central. He also was an assistant at Liberty University in Lynchburg VA. He has authored two books, one on the 5-3 convertible defense, and one on special team play. He is currently working on his third book, an offense book. He has published many articles in coaching magazines. He is a frequent speaker at football camps and coaching clinics. He has been work with Rick Zang and Ray Guy at speciality camps.

I have now heard from the horses mouth that Coach Bill Tom Ross will more then likely be named the head coach at Rose Hill, 99% sure. I want to wish Coach Ross the best and I know he will do a great job.

I do want to extend some advise to the Rose Hill fans, it may not be wanted but I will offer it anyway, let this man run the program as he sees fit. Let him have ultimate control from JFL, if they start one, to the varsity level. If you do that, he will build a quality program that you will be very proud of. Coach Ross ran in to some schools that would not allow him to do this, and the program suffered. At Raceland he had complete control and he build a program, not just one team, that is still going because of his efforts. Coach Ross is a great person, friend, motivator, life coach, and football coach, if you let him do his thing, you will not be disappointed.

This is great news. I've followed Coach Ross' carreer for some time. He will bring respect to the program. I can't wait to get this year started. I am wondering if his being named coach will attract more players.

Coach Ross beat me for our only loss my SR year in the regular season 3-0. My Jr year he beat us 35-34. Over the years our teams have continued to have a very mutal respect and I think it stemmed from the way he (now Coach Vanderhoof) + coach Goldsmith taught the kids to go all out in the game but respect each other on + off the field. As an old opponent I can't say enough good words I have for him when I played and now as a coach.

This is great news. I've followed Coach Ross' carreer for some time. He will bring respect to the program. I can't wait to get this year started. I am wondering if his being named coach will attract more players.

I don't know about more players Uncle Jed but you can look forward to seeing the Ol Duckster at some games. An absolutely excellent hire!:dancingpa

I'm with Ram, I didnt think his health would let him coach anymore. I guess we can look forward to alot of on-side kicks, fake punts, and some cool trick plays from RH. He always made things interesting.