Rose Hill hires football coach

I didn't understand that all those players came from Rose Hill. Thanks for the information.

I didn't either, I knew that the Watts had but didn't know that on the others. I still don't think that RH football will effect Raceland that much if any.

I know that it will be mixed feelings seeing Bill Tom on the opposite sideline. I will still be pulling hard for him in all but that one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first wanna say that you will not find a better person then Bill Tom Ross and hopefully he can keep his Health long enough to put something together, but from what I saw when he left JC that this is a very questionable hire. Quite honestly not sure why Ross would even want to try to build a program at Rose Hill other than this is proof that he does love the Kids.

I first wanna say that you will not find a better person then Bill Tom Ross and hopefully he can keep his Health long enough to put something together, but from what I saw when he left JC that this is a very questionable hire. Quite honestly not sure why Ross would even want to try to build a program at Rose Hill other than this is proof that he does love the Kids.

I have spoken to Coach Ross, and I can confirm that he is doing this both because he loves the kids, and he sees this a great Christian Ministry. Coach Ross does have medical problems, but he has stayed busy writing his coaching books and being very active with Ray Guy and Rick Zang with Special teams camps. I believe that he can do what needs to be done to coach a team. It will be difficult but he can do it.

Having had the priviledge of coaching against Coach Ross and being around him a bit off the field, I offer congrats to Rose Hill and commend them for hiring a quality person. Whatever the success they have on the field will be far surpassed by the success they will experience by having him as a role model and leader. I look forward to seeing back on the sidelines and in the hearts of his players.

Having had the priviledge of coaching against Coach Ross and being around him a bit off the field, I offer congrats to Rose Hill and commend them for hiring a quality person. Whatever the success they have on the field will be far surpassed by the success they will experience by having him as a role model and leader. I look forward to seeing back on the sidelines and in the hearts of his players.
Great post and I agree.

:sssh:

No disrespect towards RH at all, but I believe that a football team at would be exactly like their basketball team with a little less success.

RH would have great teams come through every so often and do well, then the talent would leave or graduate and they would be back around the bottom again.

The number of players they could have would worry me the most. I would think that some years they wouldn't be able to have a team due to lack of interest.

I'd love for them to get a program together.

You brought up a good point. I have been around a lot of coaches of late both basketball and football, seems that numbers are a problem for most schools these days, from what I hear them saying. Rose Hill should be in pretty good shape for the forseeable future as they have good athletes in every grade coming up from their rising freshman class down, with several good kids in the upper grades to pull down to give them some balance. Once the freshman class gets to the 11th grade I can see a good run for the Hill even with the inevitable attrition that will occur.

They seem to have done it 'right' lately, developing the kids that are already in the program. I would think a whole lot of the joy and fulfillment of coaching

would have to be embodied in the development of players rather than looking to outside sources for the easy pickins. Anyway, Coach Ross said there is no substitute for rolling up your sleeves and "getting after it". Is it possible that is what so much of the argument has been about lately in High School athletics? Coaches that delight in doing thier own work? Just a thought.

Congrats to Coach Ross and Rose Hill on the hire. There is no doubt that Bill Tom's resume' is hard to touch in this area and good luck to him and Rose Hill.

But this is not basketball with 5 players playing both ways and a couple more of the bench to complete the team.

Rose Hill and Coach Ross must find a way to keep "their" kids at Rose Hill. Call me a "Debbie Downer" if you wish, but football squads are usually better if they are senior dominated and I'm not quite sure if Rose Hill can or will produce the numbers needed at the higher grade levels. I honestly hope that I'm wrong. Rose Hill has the man in place that could make it happen. Maybe Coach has one more trick up his sleeve...Good Luck!!

I've tried not to say much in this thread for a multitude of reasons and I will continue to do that but want to say this,,,If there was ever anyone who has the ability to garner some goodwill among the area schools and Rose Hill it is definitely BTR. I'm not holding him out as a miracle worker, only that his motives are genuine and his priorities are right and he is more that well respected in and around the tri-state area. (Of course, if there is success around the corner, so will the detractors be, usual suspects I'll presume). I will be his biggest fan.

Good luck to Coach Ross and the Royals. I am sure he will have them competing in no time, however that single A district is pretty tough. There are no easy games in district play. They will soon find out this isn't middle school or JV football.

Good luck to Coach Ross and the Royals. I am sure he will have them competing in no time, however that single A district is pretty tough. There are no easy games in district play. They will soon find out this isn't middle school or JV football.

You're right about the tough district play Biguglys. They know they have their work cut out for them. This bunch seems to have played 'up' from the outset so it wont be anything new to them. The greater the challenge the sweeter the reward! Coach Ross and the rest of the staff have nothing but respect for their opponents coming up as the jump to the varsity level of play is made. They know playing up this time will be a test not to be taken lightly by players or coaches. If you have ever read Coach Ross' book, The CONVERTIBLE 353 GAP CONTROL "D", you know that part of his passion and his resume, is starting programs. Hence the axiom, hard work is its own reward!

I've tried not to say much in this thread for a multitude of reasons and I will continue to do that but want to say this,,,If there was ever anyone who has the ability to garner some goodwill among the area schools and Rose Hill it is definitely BTR. I'm not holding him out as a miracle worker, only that his motives are genuine and his priorities are right and he is more that well respected in and around the tri-state area. (Of course, if there is success around the corner, so will the detractors be, usual suspects I'll presume). I will be his biggest fan.

:thumb: Good post, I 100% agree.

Can't wait to see them play and how they will match up against other schools. I did see them play at the middle school level and they were impressive.

FYI-2008 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE FOR ROSE HILL

Sept 4 Boyd Co Fresh Away 6:pm

Sept 8 Greenup Co Fresh Away "

Sept 15 Lewis Co JV Away "

Sept 18 Bath Co Fresh Away "

Sept 22 Boyd Co JV Away "

Sept 25 Morgan Co Fresh Away "

Sept 29 Morgan Co JV Away "

Oct 13 Boyd Co JV Away "

It is likely that a game or two could be played at Coal Grove which, would be considered home games for Rose Hill. Those games are being set up now.