Rose Hill hires football coach

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose Hill will begin JV and Freshman practice this year on Monday July 14th. Coach Ross has decided to start with a week or so inside. They will have a combination of " Skull " practice and fundamentals , without pads, in the gym. All Rose Hill football players and those who are going out for football this year are expected to be at these practices at 7:pm each evening. Here we go!

I didn't either, I knew that the Watts had but didn't know that on the others. I still don't think that RH football will effect Raceland that much if any.

I know that it will be mixed feelings seeing Bill Tom on the opposite sideline. I will still be pulling hard for him in all but that one.

Be afraid! Be Very Afraid! :scared::eek::scared:

Talent will come soon :sssh:, and in a 1A class it will be easy to rise to the top of that classification because of the difference a player or two (or 3 or 4 on both sides of the ball) could make on the field.

When RH plays varsity / district games in 2009, can they play JV games during the regular season outside of their mandatory district games? I know that they could not count them (JV games) in their overall record, but this could be helpful in building confidence and a good program builder as they transition into varsity caliber district competition.

When RH plays varsity / district games in 2009, can they play JV games during the regular season outside of their mandatory district games? I know that they could not count them (JV games) in their overall record, but this could be helpful in building confidence and a good program builder as they transition into varsity caliber district competition.

I know what you're saying. They will have some tough district games to deal with and probably could use some easier games to sort work on their fundamentals, how their offense and defense needs to work and a thousand other things. I believe this is exactly the course that Rose Hill should persue. There are a lot of programs around the state that are smaller schools that don't have anyway near the threat that district schools will surely pose. Probably what Coach Ross will try to do is schedule some of these types of games to fill the schedule up with, at least the first year. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go with one or two the second year either!

The thing is when you do schedule JV games a lot of times you can expect to see a few players out there that are upper classmen, especially if you're up against a smaller school. But sometimes coaches just want to get some of their older players some extra playing time for any number of reasons. Likewise, if Rose Hill has a small group of upperclassmen they would likely want their guys in there as well. Depending what level you're at the gap in talent may not be worth the effort to try to play down.