Rose Hill hires football coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on good authority that Coach Ross did in fact accept the job at RH, and he has most of his assistants in place. He is meeting with the players at the school Monday and Tuesday of this week. He also has stated that he will start practice on July 15th, after the dead period. His enthusiasm was more than apparent at the coaches' meeting, as he brought immediate professionalism and experience to the fledgling program. It looks to me like the outlook for RH football just got a lot brighter and a lot more likely to succeed. Coach Ross is one of the more known innovators inside and outside of Kentucky and they are lucky to have him!

I don't think RH will affect Raceland, never really has. With Russell, most of the time in the recent past Russell has benefited from RH, not RH benefiting from Russell.

The other three could be affected. But, I don't know how much. That is yet to be seen, I guess.

I agree Ram and especially with the bolded sentence.

I have it on good authority that Coach Ross did in fact accept the job at RH, and he has most of his assistants in place. He is meeting with the players at the school Monday and Tuesday of this week. He also has stated that he will start practice on July 15th, after the dead period. His enthusiasm was more than apparent at the coaches' meeting, as he brought immediate professionalism and experience to the fledgling program. It looks to me like the outlook for RH football just got a lot brighter and a lot more likely to succeed. Coach Ross is one of the more known innovators inside and outside of Kentucky and they are lucky to have him!

Good post ballbrain, and welcome to BGP! When it comes to coaches Bill Tom may not be in a class by himself but sure as heck doesn't take long to call the roll. :thumb:

Just a question, where is RH going to be practicing and where will they play thier games? I would think that maybe for the first (jv) year all might be at the opponets place but was wondering if they had any field lined out to play home games this coming year and especially when they go to varsity competition.

Good Luck to RH in getting your program going and "win em'all"....except against that team down the road in Orange and Black where BTR spent a few years and won a few games........"and he wasn't at Ironton so that rules out the other team wearing Orange and Black :sssh::lol:"

I don't think RH will affect Raceland, never really has. With Russell, most of the time in the recent past Russell has benefited from RH, not RH benefiting from Russell.

The other three could be affected. But, I don't know how much. That is yet to be seen, I guess.

Are you kidding? There have been a lot of transfers to Raceland from RH over the past few years. A lot of them were good ballplayers.

Thanks Ol Rambler. I believe RH is going to play most of their games at their opponents home fields. They do have an arrangement with KCU to use the new field they are building at the college. There could also be a deal in the works to use Coal Groves' field this year if they need to. That should give the Hill time to get their plan in place to get a home field set up. As for practice, they have been using the field on top of the hill at the Frailey (is that spelled right?) Little League complex at Summit. They had an 80 yd field with two end zones last year. Coach Ross said he will take care of getting a goal post set up ( he runs the Ray Guy Kicking Camp July 19&20 ). As for his coaches, its' anybody's guess who all he will wind up with but, at the start I believe he will keep several of the coaches from the existing staff, and add several more before the July 15 start date. The new alignment as I understand it is as follows: Fairview, Raceland, LCA, Rose Hill, Nicholas Co, and Paris or Berea.

The new alignment as I understand it is as follows: Fairview, Raceland, LCA, Rose Hill, Nicholas Co, and Paris or Berea.

Berea has been moved. District 1-5 will be Fairview, Raceland, LCA, Rose Hill, Nicholas Co, and Paris.

Are you kidding? There have been a lot of transfers to Raceland from RH over the past few years. A lot of them were good ballplayers.

I can only think of a few. One was a very good player, but did not stay at Raceland. Feel free to name them if you wish, but I can't think of many.

I can only think of a few. One was a very good player, but did not stay at Raceland. Feel free to name them if you wish, but I can't think of many.

Just in the past few years there has been Watts x 2, Sparks x 2, and Nichols. That's five. I could come up with more if I tried.

Just in the past few years there has been Watts x 2, Sparks x 2, and Nichols. That's five. I could come up with more if I tried.

I didn't understand that all those players came from Rose Hill. Thanks for the information.