NewCath 9 CovCath 4 (9th Reg. Finals)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must have been an amazing game. Correct me if I wrong but from what I gather Cov. Cath. beat NCC twice this year. It wasn't looking good going into this game for NCC. So congrats to the Breds! You overcame the odds.:ylsuper:

The first was an error, but the other two were hits. He got a strange look from me both times... :lol:

The last line drive off Geisler's bat should have been an error as well. Almost the same exact play where they scored it an error in the 2nd inning.

Great game to watch! Conner didn't get many K's (he had 3) but he seemed to keep the CovCath hitters off balance.

The last line drive off Geisler's bat should have been an error as well. Almost the same exact play where they scored it an error in the 2nd inning.

The ruling was because he felt he had farther to run to make the play...

Exactly, first time in 20 yrs. Normally, if your team reaches the regionals, they are allowed in the rest of the tournament regardless if you are still playing or not.

CCH's CF should have had two errors scored against him. He basically missed two balls hit right at him. There is no way they are hits. The official scorer was being generous. I would bet that both teams score books scored them as EEEEEE's.

Also, why was he so shallow w/Kelly up? He obviously got burned because of that.

And, the NCC LF was playing on the warning track w/CCH's #2 hitter up who hasn't pulled a ball in 10 yrs. Don't these coaches scout the other teams anymore.

First Congrats to NCC, they outplayed, outhit and out pitched CovCath tonight. Good luck against LC in Franklin County on Wednesday.

This was the third game in a row that the teams with the most errors won the ball game.

For the second game in a row CovCath got outhit by double digit numbers.

IMO he was playing shallow as a lot of the NCC hits were dropping in front of the CovCath outfields. I also think that the way that the two balls were hit into CF, the CF didn't see the ball because of losing the ball in the crowd. Think about it, how many times in his life has he had the ball hit on a rope directly at him and the back drop is a huge crowd of people with all different kinds of color shirts on? Not in summer games, and not in a normal HS game has the outfields had that kind of backdrop to pick up a ball in.

All season long I knew what the CovCath biggest weakness was. It wasn't hitting or pitching, nor even it's "D", no the biggest weakness of this team was lack of team speed. You saw it tonight in the outfield and also saw it when the CovCath runners only went from base to base on base hits. Speed is something NCC has, and especially in the outfield and CovCath doesn't. Speed kills.....

Now my biggest question for the night is why did Krumps go with a Sophomore who I know didn't start a single game in RF tonight in the biggest game of the year? That just didn't made sense to me. Klein had done a rather good job for almost half of the season.....so why the change in the Regional Final?

First Congrats to NCC, they outplayed, outhit and out pitched CovCath tonight. Good luck against LC in Franklin County on Wednesday.

This was the third game in a row that the teams with the most errors won the ball game.

For the second game in a row CovCath got outhit by double digit numbers.

IMO he was playing shallow as a lot of the NCC hits were dropping in front of the CovCath outfields. I also think that the way that the two balls were hit into CF, the CF didn't see the ball because of losing the ball in the crowd. Think about it, how many times in his life has he had the ball hit on a rope directly at him and the back drop is a huge crowd of people with all different kinds of color shirts on? Not in summer games, and not in a normal HS game has the outfields had that kind of backdrop to pick up a ball in.

All season long I knew what the CovCath biggest weakness was. It wasn't hitting or pitching, nor even it's "D", no the biggest weakness of this team was lack of team speed. You saw it tonight in the outfield and also saw it when the CovCath runners only went from base to base on base hits. Speed is something NCC has, and especially in the outfield and CovCath doesn't. Speed kills.....

Now my biggest question for the night is why did Krumps go with a Sophomore who I know didn't start a single game in RF tonight in the biggest game of the year? That just didn't made sense to me. Klein had done a rather good job for almost half of the season.....so why the change in the Regional Final?

Good point about not being able to pick up the ball with the lights and crowd in the background. It didn't seem like many of the outfielders got good jumps on the balls hit out there.

Good point about not being able to pick up the ball with the lights and crowd in the background. It didn't seem like many of the outfielders got good jumps on the balls hit out there.

I know what you mean, Kelly and Grosser really struggled tonight!!!! BULL! They just got done!!!!!! Saw Kelly's catch on 9news! NO EXCUSES NCC just came to play and play they did! :dancingpa

I think an important caveat in the background debate is that Cov Cath was hitting mostly fly balls while NCC was hitting line drives.

NCC forced the issue with solid contact while the Cov Cath bats just weren't getting it done...