2008 Beechwood

I have tried to stay out of this, but I just don't get it. Why does it matter if a kid gets a tattoo to express himself (again assuming with consent of his PARENTS)?

What is so wrong with tattoos? What if the BEST kid on the team got a tattoo of Jesus on the cross to show his devotion to the lord? Would that be a problem?

It's against team rules, That's it and that is all that needs to be said!!

Again, nice to see the Beechwood people defending their kids!

Now can someone please tell who is in the running to play QB?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:How do you replace Elliott??

Elliot had the speed thats for sure, won the Tigers many games on his wheels alone! Howeveer his short comming was reading the d, or going to the proper reciever. Dont know who it will be, Ive heard last years frosh QB,last years #2 Rigdon, Ive even heard Daniels or Slusher. IMO I would let the frosh run with it, has the best speed of the bunch and throws well. They have the line to protect him so he can take the time he will need, and the horses behind him to take the pressure off. Put him in this year and this question does not come up for the two years following.

Chill out man and don't tell me what I did or didn't see. :rolleyes: I simply stated a guy had tats under both biceps just to get help identifying who he was. Some apparently have taken offense to this, but who really cares if the kids have tattoos or not? It has been stated that some alumni and friends have been working out with the team, so the guy is probably with that group.

Read your post that starts " this wasnt someone else"

Read your post that starts " this wasnt someone else"

That post was a follow-up to one stating that it was probably someone else using the field, as in, not Beechwood. At the time, it was Beechwood's football team using the field as Coach Rash was out there with them and all had their red and white gear on, including the kid that I've been trying to find out who he is. I have come to realize that many alumni come back to work with the team. I can't believe this has turned into such a big deal. I was just simply trying to find out who this particular kid was and used his tattoos as a means of identification.

That post was a follow-up to one stating that it was probably someone else using the field, as in, not Beechwood. At the time, it was Beechwood's football team using the field as Coach Rash was out there with them and all had their red and white gear on, including the kid that I've been trying to find out who he is. I have come to realize that many alumni come back to work with the team. I can't believe this has turned into such a big deal. I was just simply trying to find out who this particular kid was and used his tattoos as a means of identification.

:lol::lol::lol: I feel your pain. You were only trying to identify him as easy as possible. Next year all you will probably have to do is post his stats and everyone will know him.:D

So back to the team...not the tats...I have heard that their o-line has taken quite a few hits(injuries), can anyone else confirm that? What is the story?
no injuries at present time to starters, Mainello had a shoulder issue that has been handled, Joe goetz is the only one I can think of that is not up to speed. Now they lost a ton to graduation.

Just curious, a few months ago there was a thread in which the coach for Beechwood was quoted as saying he was pretty sure that Maniello would commit before the season began. I pointed out that this was a bit of a bold statement being that the kid held no offers. Not only that, but it was a statement that could possibly indicate to recruiters that the kid had a set preference (Cincinnati / Kentucky) and because of that perhaps not recruit him as hard.

For my statements, I was blasted by Beechwood posters who let me know that their head coach knew what he was doing and that this kid was a sure fire DI-A player. Well, it’s June and he currently holds no offers. The kid is good and I have no doubt that he will garner a I-AA offer and perhaps even a I-A offer in time, but I wonder if the coach regrets going public with a statement such as talking about commitments when there were, and are, no offers on the table.