SEC Network?

The Scribe

I may be wrong on this, but I cannot imagine it being as popular as the Big 10 network. Hopefully it will be strong to be successful.

I have the Big 10 Network and have never watched it. I get it as part of a digital package at no extra charge.

I would pay extra for a SEC Network.

Just my .02

I'm not sure that population with really be that big of a factor. According to some figures I found on Wikipedia dated July 2007 the Big 10 states populations are about 15% greater than those states with SEC schools. Also according to the 2000 U.S. Census 5 of the top 20 fastest growing states had SEC schools, whereas no state with a Big 10 school was within the top 20. I think that an SEC network would be successful. Especially if its in HD.

Whats your logic? I figure the SEC fanbase is larger.

Not even close. The Big 10 is comprised of some of the more highly populated campuses in the country with easily the largest almuni base. I know Florida is a large school, but beyond that in the SEC, I am not sure the schools are that large compared to those of the Big 10.

There is a reason every Saturday during college basketball and football season we get our heavy dose of slow boring Big 10 action:D

Not even close. The Big 10 is comprised of some of the more highly populated campuses in the country with easily the largest almuni base.

There is a reason every Saturday during college basketball and football season we get our heavy dose of slow boring Big 10 action:D

Florida has the largest population of any state in either conference. The trouble is that every time I turn around down here, I trip over a Buckeye, Hoosier, Badger, or Wolverine. It's kind of annoying. :irked: ;) :jump:

I would love to have a SEC channel. I watch the Big 10 channel some times. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed they show Minnesota Golden Gophers sports on there a lot?

Late to the party on this one, but there's something that isn't being considered. SEC states typically have fewer pro teams, making the college teams more popular.

SEC:

Kentucky - none

South Carolina - none

Arkansas - none

Mississippi - none

Alabama - none

Tennessee - Grizzlies, Titans

Louisiana - Saints, Hornets

Georgia - Falcons, Hawks, Braves

Florida - Dolphins, Bucs, Heat, Magic, D Rays, Marlins, Jaguars

Big10:

Iowa - none