Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Coach-of-the-Year

Featured Replies

Who do you think deserves Coach-of-the-Year in Northern Kentucky? My pick is Coach Sanders from Bellvue.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilhoite from Boone. Nice job with Boone this year despite losing their second-most valuable player for a big chunk of the season. I think Coach of Year should probably be someone who got their team out of districts.

I'll go with the homer vote. Moore from Lloyd...

As bad as I cant stand to say this. Krumpelbeck from Cov Cath. Say what you want but they are the #1 team in NKY.

As bad as I cant stand to say this. Krumpelbeck from Cov Cath. Say what you want but they are the #1 team in NKY.

 

Just cause a team is ranked #1 doesn't mean their coach is COY. No knock on Krump intended there. To me COY is the guy who does the most with the least. And CCH certainly is no where close to having the least.

Just cause a team is ranked #1 doesn't mean their coach is COY. No knock on Krump intended there. To me COY is the guy who does the most with the least. And CCH certainly is no where close to having the least.

 

You can have the best players in the world but without the glue to hold it together you dont win. Who makes all the changes in the lineup - coach

Who prepares the team to win- coach

 

Who puts the team with a schedule to prepare them for the post season - coach.

You put good players (as CCH has) on the field you have a chance to win no matter who coaches. To win with bad players you NEED a good/great coach.

You put good players (as CCH has) on the field you have a chance to win no matter who coaches. To win with bad players you NEED a good/great coach.

 

CCH prepares to win and the coach is who does that.

 

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail"

Just cause a team is ranked #1 doesn't mean their coach is COY. No knock on Krump intended there. To me COY is the guy who does the most with the least. And CCH certainly is no where close to having the least.

 

Don't agree. It's about who gets the most out of the talent they are given to work with - whether it's the most talent in the region, the least talent in the region, or somewhere in between (where almost everyone is). Even the most talented team has to have some solid coaching if they are to be successful and I don't think you automatically exclude someone because they are blessed with a talented team.

 

I'm impressed with what Wilhoite has accomplished this year at Boone. I think they have decent, but not overwhelming talent by any means. He lost his 2nd best player on his team. Just tonight his team advanced over another team (BHS) that I think is overall better than Boone. Congrats to him and the Rebels this season.

Don't agree. It's about who gets the most out of the talent they are given to work with - whether it's the most talent in the region, the least talent in the region, or somewhere in between (where almost everyone is). Even the most talented team has to have some solid coaching if they are to be successful and I don't think you automatically exclude someone because they are blessed with a talented team.

 

I'm impressed with what Wilhoite has accomplished this year at Boone. I think they have decent, but not overwhelming talent by any means. He lost his 2nd best player on his team. Just tonight his team advanced over another team (BHS) that I think is overall better than Boone. Congrats to him and the Rebels this season.

 

That is what I meant I just said it in a really bad way. :thumb:

Definitely agree Cooperstown with what you have to say about Coach Wilhoite. He has done a great job with the Rebels this year. Lost Mark Reed early in the season, and they haven't missed a beat. Boone can really hit and with Reed in there it would be even better, but the boys have overcome it, with a final four appereance and chance to be in the regional final tomorrow. Got to tip your hat to Coach on leading them to this point. Also, Coach Sanders at Bellevue did a great job with a very very young team. He has completely turned around that program, and I think this year was just another step in the process. As long as Coach Sanders is down there they will continue to be competitive, and start to be a contender in the near future. This year he did an outstanding job.

 

Other coaches who are up there is Krumps at Cov Cath. They are the number 1 team at this point, and have had a good season. So he gets some mention. Last is Coach Shulkens at New Cath. Led them to an All A Regional Championship and they are in the final four.

 

I think all four are good picks. But IMO it goes to Wilhoite or Sanders.

I'm going with Krumps. You can't hold it against a guy just bc he gets good talent. He's a good coach and a CLASS ACT! Too often this is overlooked and too often class is not a participant on the field. COY should be the best coach who has at least gotten his team to the regionals. Maybe not in the "regional" category, but almost this year, how about Coach Cappel. Great season Bert!

Coach Sanders from Bellevue hands down..He had a very young team this year and had them playing some good ball. Oh yeah...he beat CovCath at CovCath also..The guy knows baseball and can flat out coach...:thumb::thumb:

Agree with Raiderbird COACH SANDERS of Bellevue what a great coach and great guy!!!!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

It may be a homer vote, but I'll go with Krumpelbeck. With only two seniors on the roster, this has been an impressive season for the Colonels.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.