Somerset Job

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the three others are the same names that I have heard, Somerset fans need to hope Payne and Jackson are still out there and interested. As I said earlier someone local is not what that program needs. I am sure no one beleived me earlier when I said some of the young talent may be leaving, well the one to Northern Middle happened. And there seems to be a pretty big rumor surrounding another young athlete rumored to go to Wayne, it appears now that Coach Jones or Shultz may get a gift.

Coach Jones as in McCreary Central?

McCreary Central will be dominant next season. They lose their scrappyness, but gain athletic size and ability. Watts will tear it up and Roark won't be far behind. Look for players like John Chitwood, a post player, to really start doing some damage and he has developed an automatic outside shot. This team could be much better than last seasons. Let's just hope the can get it done.

We've heard that before....I would not be making any reservations quite yet as alot can happen in 6 years. Some of those kids your counting on may be back in the schools they were in 6 years ago.

Amen, I was going to respond the that post myself. That is the kind of post that creates unrealistic visions. There appears to be a lot of rumbling around the Somerset Program right now, and it is nice to be neutral. That young talent you speak of has lost two very important pieces of the puzzle already. One going with his Dad to Rowan. Ask the folks at Wayne County how he looked a couple of weeks ago when he played with them in Danville. And the other is over at Northern Middle. Now I am not sure how deep that talent runs there, but from what I hear the coaches son may have been the best on that 6th grade bunch last year. And the kid going to Nortern I hear will play freshman PC for them next year. From what I hear depending on how this shakes out they could lose the young PG that they have been grooming. And whos to say it will stop there. Now all of a sudden the sweet 16 does not look so realistic. Rumors has it that the loss of Thaker has come with mixed emotions and may not have been the move Somerset Fans really wanted.

McCreary Central will be dominant next season. They lose their scrappyness, but gain athletic size and ability. Watts will tear it up and Roark won't be far behind. Look for players like John Chitwood, a post player, to really start doing some damage and he has developed an automatic outside shot. This team could be much better than last seasons. Let's just hope the can get it done.

Yes.

Hopefully they will be good enough to make it out of the district this year. It is a shame that a player as good as Watts has not been able to showcase his skills in the regional tournament and beyond.

I agree, on paper, they seem to be the favorite.

Hopefully they will be good enough to make it out of the district this year. It is a shame that a player as good as Watts has not been able to showcase his skills in the regional tournament and beyond.

I agree, on paper, they seem to be the favorite.

They were good enough to make it out of the district the past two years - they just haven't.

I can't say right now. My source about the interviews is a sure thing but they wouldn't tell me who until after the interviews and although I have a good idea, I'm not for sure so I'm not going to take a chance on it being wrong.

From what I am hearing the Somerset fans are hoping they are interviewing coaches that are not recycled goods from the area.

Amen, I was going to respond the that post myself. That is the kind of post that creates unrealistic visions. There appears to be a lot of rumbling around the Somerset Program right now, and it is nice to be neutral. That young talent you speak of has lost two very important pieces of the puzzle already. One going with his Dad to Rowan. Ask the folks at Wayne County how he looked a couple of weeks ago when he played with them in Danville. And the other is over at Northern Middle. Now I am not sure how deep that talent runs there, but from what I hear the coaches son may have been the best on that 6th grade bunch last year. And the kid going to Nortern I hear will play freshman PC for them next year. From what I hear depending on how this shakes out they could lose the young PG that they have been grooming. And whos to say it will stop there. Now all of a sudden the sweet 16 does not look so realistic. Rumors has it that the loss of Thaker has come with mixed emotions and may not have been the move Somerset Fans really wanted.

Wow...just wow.

Some of your points are spot but the rest...well... not so much. I would love to elaborate on my OPINIONS of the situation but need to stay nuetral. Been around this game a little while and SOME people have seen this train wreck coming a long time.

While I wish Coach Thacker the absolute best, and there is good yet drastically underdeveloped talent in the school system it will take a magician to finish above .500 next year.