Do you ever get nostalgic....

rockmom

Do you ever get nostalgic about the "good old days"?

I do. I posted a post in the "get ringtones" thread, and then I was off and running, remembering the "good old days".

Some things I remember:

When I actually used to write letters to people, and had a pen pal. I can remember waiting with bated breath for a letter in the mail. Now, I wait for nothing in the mail, e-mail is so easy. But, it was always such a special feeling knowing someone had sat down and actually penned a letter to me.

When I took pictures, took the film to the store, waited several days for it to be developed, and then rushed to get them to see what I had done. It was kind of like giving birth and not knowing whether you were having a girl or a boy. You were just thrilled when they turned out really well.

When I typed reports in high school, and had to use the dictionary to look up the correct spelling of words, or encyclopedias for reference. When you actually read several books to get enough research for your reports. There was something so "intellectual" about the pursuit. To this day, the dictionary and thesaurus are two of my favorite books to pick up and thumb through.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. I posted a post in the "get ringtones" thread, and then I was off and running, remembering the "good old days".

Some things I remember:

When I actually used to write letters to people, and had a pen pal. I can remember waiting with bated breath for a letter in the mail. Now, I wait for nothing in the mail, e-mail is so easy. But, it was always such a special feeling knowing someone had sat down and actually penned a letter to me.

When I took pictures, took the film to the store, waited several days for it to be developed, and then rushed to get them to see what I had done. It was kind of like giving birth and not knowing whether you were having a girl or a boy. You were just thrilled when they turned out really well.

When I typed reports in high school, and had to use the dictionary to look up the correct spelling of words, or encyclopedias for reference. When you actually read several books to get enough research for your reports. There was something so "intellectual" about the pursuit. To this day, the dictionary and thesaurus are two of my favorite books to pick up and thumb through.

It is funny you posted this. I was thinking the other day how when I asked my mom and dad what a word ment or how to spell it. They used to make me look it up in the dictionary.

Remember Photo Bugs or Photomat...flash cubes, and the resulting "floating blue dot"...film cartidges...Polaroids...how about, home movies -- with a screen?

You read whole books for your reports? Wow, no wonder I got such crappy grades. :irked: Although, as you know, we're simpatico on the dictionary thesaurus issue.

Rockmom - I wrote letter's to my Mom when we were in Germany. We couldn't afford a phone call unless was an emergency. The great memory of the flash cubes was when our daughter's HS band used them as a prop in GA. Best thing ever invented was the computer. At least it isn't the IBM typewriter!

Some things I remember:

You are REALLY showing your age.:D:lol:

You sure you want to do this?

It is funny you posted this. I was thinking the other day how when I asked my mom and dad what a word ment or how to spell it. They used to make me look it up in the dictionary.

One of my mom's favorite punishments was to have us write dictionary pages. :lol: