Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC

Featured Replies

He may leave just for spite.

 

If we were talking about somebody else I might believe that, but not Coach Humphrey...

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that I don't know what the story is at GRC, but they could not find a better coach than Coach Humphrey. He has turned that progam around and made GRC a power again. Sometimes board members have their own agenda, but this decision to relieve Coach Humphrey of all his duties is completely wrong.

 

If he is not hired back at GRC, he will no doubt be sought out by many other schools.

 

I agree he has turned our program around. We won the region for the 1st time in 19 years. We had a 20+ win season this year with mostly Freshman. What more can you ask of a coach?? This whole situtation with him and ALL of our assistants getting pink slip of their coaching duties too...just make me sick.

 

What did Coach Humphrey teach at GRC?

 

He was over the attendance at the high school. The same position that Coach Ritz had when he was here.

I agree he has turned our program around. We won the region for the 1st time in 19 years. We had a 20+ win season this year with mostly Freshman. What more can you ask of a coach?? This whole situtation with him and ALL of our assistants getting pick slip of their coaching duties too...just make me sick.

 

 

 

He was over the attendance at the high school. The same position that Coach Ritz had when he was here.

 

Sounds like what they call the DPP over in Mason County - Director of Pupil Personnel. Among other things, tries to track the truants.

Sounds like what they call the DPP over in Mason County - Director of Pupil Personnel. Among other things, tries to track the truants.

 

The DPP is over the whole system. Scott is only over the high school, which is around 1700 students.

The DPP is over the whole system. Scott is only over the high school, which is around 1700 students.

 

Gotcha. :thumb:

 

Still, a stressful situation for all concerned parties. I just can't imagine that this coach won't be on the sidelines in late fall. Folks can say (and have said) what they will about kids coming in from other schools; fact is that it happens about everywhere; and maybe - just maybe - one of the reasons is that kids want to play for the coach. Bottom line is that Coach Humphrey's Clark County team overachieved this past year with a fairly green group of guys.

Waterboy is right.

 

What I don't understand is that school board members are pretty powerless and should be by law, powerless to make sole personnel issues without the consent of the entire board, especially. For some odd reason, "some" board members across our state think they have power, when they really don't have anything. But when their is NO support from within or support from the Super, then you have this mess. Superintendent here needs to step up to the plate and stop the public relations bleeding that he is encountering, all thanks to one person. Only in America! 1 person is the majority rule? This is a prime example.

 

I agree 100%. Coach Humphrey deserves better from his administration.

I say it all the time, but Humphrey is the best coach in the 10th region IMO....

 

It would be a major loss to GRC and the region if he has to leave... but I can guarantee it wont take long for him to get back on his feet...

 

Here is hoping to a quick resolution that involves Humphrey staying at GRC... I have enjoyed covering some of his games the past several seasons....

This will all work out, they surely know better than to take a chance on losing Coach Humphrey, he just might have to go back to the classroom.

I am curious as to what the agenda of the administration at GRC really is. You pink slip all the assistant coaches and one head coach. It makes no sense and the people on the Clark Co. school board and the administration of the school should be embarrassed!

One board member that turns his/her position into a political one can ruin an entire district. Bottom line is there main job is to hire/fire the Super as well as develop and vote on policy, everything else is in (and should be in) the Principal's hands. People take for granted the school board vote, I dont want even to get into a discussion about the board in my district.....
I agree with what you are saying here. With the principal position having so much power it is very important that public schools have quality people in this position. Folks should also take Site Based Council positions very seriously as they hire new principals.

 

We all complain about people elected to school boards and site based councils. That is easy to do, but what needs to happen is quality individuals with common sense need to step up and run for these positions. The fact is we have become a society that for the most part has an "it all about me attitude".

 

Not many are willing to give back or take one for the team.

  • Author
I am curious as to what the agenda of the administration at GRC really is. You pink slip all the assistant coaches and one head coach. It makes no sense and the people on the Clark Co. school board and the administration of the school should be embarrassed!

 

He was only head coach pink slipped? Sounds like someone has a personal agenda!

Is this a made up position or do schools really have this. (attendance keeper)

  • Author

Our district has one but it is a classified position (doesnt factor in teacher/student formula)

I agree 100%. Coach Humphrey deserves better from his administration.

 

I agree. If they don't get him back, it would be a great loss. :ylsuper:

Rose Hill is looking for a new coach, and also possibly an administrator. I think I'll give Scott a call. :sssh: :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.