Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC

Featured Replies

That's a good one. NOT!!! I thought this thread was about GRC firing all of their coaches. IF the rumors I'm hearing are true about the $ being paid for the positions of teachers aides then I can see why the BOE pink slipped everyone in times of tight budgets. Put Humprey back in a classroom and let him teach and coach like the majority of coaches in KY do. They have an open social studies position posted on KDE.

 

As for Graham, let him make what every other teacher's aide in the district makes and hire him back as well.

 

Don't know where you are getting your info. but Coach Graham is not a teachers aid....:lol: He is over the Drop Out Prevention program. The only teachers aids we have at the high school are in the Library and with the FMD students.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you had to teach to be able to coach in KY. Guess not.

 

You do not have to be a teacher to be a coach of any high school sport. The rule changed a few years back.

Why would Ms. Hicks want to get rid of Coach Humphrie? The sad part is this women was just re-elected to the board wasn't she? If a coach has to go let Columbia go, PLEASE Let him go!!!

This lady has one concern and that is to go after a guy because of his position in the school, not what he does for the school and the kids that attend that school. Coach Humphrey and Coach Graham are about one thing and that is the kids. That is something that every person that works for a school system should be concerned with. Her personal feelings against Coach Humphrey and his staff is over shadowing what is best for the players and students at GRC. The one funny thing about this is she is on the board and her kids don’t even go the school. These coaches care deeply about every one of those kids and those kids would do anything for them in return. They have brought so much to that school and community, it is a disgrace that one person can cause so much unneeded distractions and stress to a program and a school that has enjoyed so much success during Coach Humphrey’s tenure. Theses are wonderful people that don’t deserve the lack of respect and courtesy that has been shown to them in the last week or so.

Don't know where you are getting your info. but Coach Graham is not a teachers aid....:lol: He is over the Drop Out Prevention program. The only teachers aids we have at the high school are in the Library and with the FMD students.

 

Is he in a certified position? No. If not then it is a classified position. Same as a teacher's aide which is also a classified position.

Using Sugardaddy's criteria, janitors are also classified positions - and he's not a janitor either....

Using Sugardaddy's criteria, janitors are also classified positions - and he's not a janitor either....

 

Exactly. I almost made that comparison myself. Classified position is the new fancy term they use. It also includes the secretaries and I pretty much figured he wasn't doing that. I didn't realize the term teacher's aide was a dirty word as most school systems couldn't function without them.:D

Any names being tossed around to be the next head coach at GRC?

My money is on Coach Humphrey to be re-hired shortly...

^Hope that is the case for the kids sake at GRC. Wonder how Coach Humphries feels about the stability issue of having a job from year to year? If I am walking in those shoes, I believe I would be looking for some place that I didn't have to worry about whether I was getting pink slipped year to year, as well as my staff also.

^Hope that is the case for the kids sake at GRC. Wonder how Coach Humphries feels about the stability issue of having a job from year to year? If I am walking in those shoes, I believe I would be looking for some place that I didn't have to worry about whether I was getting pink slipped year to year, as well as my staff also.

 

It will be a total shock if he isn't back next year....my money would be on him on the sidelines. I'm sure he feels the same way.

Is he in a certified position? No. If not then it is a classified position. Same as a teacher's aide which is also a classified position.

 

As stated before there are different types of classified positions...just wanted to get the facts out there on what he does.

 

^Hope that is the case for the kids sake at GRC. Wonder how Coach Humphries feels about the stability issue of having a job from year to year? If I am walking in those shoes, I believe I would be looking for some place that I didn't have to worry about whether I was getting pink slipped year to year, as well as my staff also.

 

I agree...the kids is what should be of concern and not a personal vendetta. Scott has told me on many occasions that he and his family love it here and wants his girls to graduate from GRC. He love his team, the community and has many friends here. He wants to continue to make this his home. Also with the talent he has coming up he wants to see us return to state.

 

It will be a total shock if he isn't back next year....my money would be on him on the sidelines. I'm sure he feels the same way.

 

 

I agree it will be a HUGE shock if he is not the coach next year and for many years to come.

As stated before there are different types of classified positions...just wanted to get the facts out there on what he does.

 

 

 

I agree...the kids is what should be of concern and not a personal vendetta. Scott has told me on many occasions that he and his family love it here and wants his girls to graduate from GRC. He love his team, the community and has many friends here. He wants to continue to make this his home. Also with the talent he has coming up he wants to see us return to state.

 

 

 

 

I agree it will be a HUGE shock if he is not the coach next year and for many years to come.

 

Would be a great shock.

I heard by the way of the grapevine that if Humphrey leaves that a player or two may also be gone!:mad:

 

I think things will work out for Scott and the boys and we will see them all on the sidelines of the GRC bench.:thumb:

Hope so!!!!!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.