Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC

Featured Replies

Hope so!!!!!!!!!

 

Me too...you know how I feel about these GRC cards.:ylsuper:

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where you are getting your info. but Coach Graham is not a teachers aid....:lol: He is over the Drop Out Prevention program. The only teachers aids we have at the high school are in the Library and with the FMD students.

 

Wow! GRC must have a real problem with drop outs to have someone in a position like this. I hope he was successful in keeping all those kids in school. :D

Wow! GRC must have a real problem with drop outs to have someone in a position like this. I hope he was successful in keeping all those kids in school. :D

 

Actually he has done such a good job they don't have a problem.:thumb:

It's really amazing....reading many, many posts as to just how jealous some people are of Coach Humphrey and would give anything to see them get a new coach. Unreal.

 

Somebody should jump out from behind the computer screen and go directly to Humphrey and voice their concerns about his position, his coaching, his whatever....but...NO, that won't happen. Maybe ask him about his basketball philosophy, what good has he done at GRC, what has he done for the kids that play for him, and how many has he swayed in the right directions in life. He has impacted more kids positively at GRC than any board member and = to many administrative people. His personality is top notch, he is a high profile Kentucky high school coach whom kids WANT to play for be developed by. He has already proved himself. Why don't someone just go ask him about this whole ordeal? I guess it's much easier to speak with assumptions on this board.

^ You are so right ! Scott will be on the sidelines next season. Even if by some chance he is not at GRC he will have a coaching job in thirty minutes !

This thread should be history. Entire GRC staff will be back next season. Coach Humphrey, Coach Graham, Coach Allison, Coach Pace, and Coach Barnes. All were pink slipped but all will be back next season. This comes dirctly from GRC principal Gordy Parido. THE END!!

Why would Ms. Hicks want to get rid of Coach Humphrie? The sad part is this women was just re-elected to the board wasn't she? If a coach has to go let Columbia go, PLEASE Let him go!!!

 

Columbia is a good coach. True enough I do think he had too much on his plate and should hire an offensive cor. to assist him.

 

Humphries on the other hand....I was very upset to hear that they kept him. ONLY BECAUSE a female teacher who knows her subject inside and out and was able to teach it very well was let go and NOW Humphries will be teaching all of her classes.

It's sad because as far as education goes, the students have been ripped off. But that goes to show you how a school favors sports over education.

I do think it's funny though, because now Humphries will actually have to teach something and not just be someone who chases down truant kids.

Well at least he will have to earn my tax dollars instead of hanging out in his office all day and later coaching basketball.

Columbia is a good coach. True enough I do think he had too much on his plate and should hire an offensive cor. to assist him.

 

Humphries on the other hand....I was very upset to hear that they kept him. ONLY BECAUSE a female teacher who knows her subject inside and out and was able to teach it very well was let go and NOW Humphries will be teaching all of her classes.

It's sad because as far as education goes, the students have been ripped off. But that goes to show you how a school favors sports over education.

I do think it's funny though, because now Humphries will actually have to teach something and not just be someone who chases down truant kids.

Well at least he will have to earn my tax dollars instead of hanging out in his office all day and later coaching basketball.

 

 

I heard from an extremely reliable source (it was about a month ago) that Humphrey would have the same job he had last year. This may have changed in the last month, but I doubt it.

I heard from an extremely reliable source (it was about a month ago) that Humphrey would have the same job he had last year. This may have changed in the last month, but I doubt it.

 

This is what I had heard too. Schools starts tomorrow...so we should know then.

Columbia is a good coach. True enough I do think he had too much on his plate and should hire an offensive cor. to assist him.

 

Humphries on the other hand....I was very upset to hear that they kept him. ONLY BECAUSE a female teacher who knows her subject inside and out and was able to teach it very well was let go and NOW Humphries will be teaching all of her classes.

It's sad because as far as education goes, the students have been ripped off. But that goes to show you how a school favors sports over education.

I do think it's funny though, because now Humphries will actually have to teach something and not just be someone who chases down truant kids.

Well at least he will have to earn my tax dollars instead of hanging out in his office all day and later coaching basketball.

 

Have you ever seen him teach? It's Coach Humphrey not Humphries.

Sounds like someone's boy didn't make the team or get to play much! Sour grapes.:ylsuper:

Sounds like someone's boy didn't make the team or get to play much! Sour grapes.:ylsuper:

 

I agree!

WOW ProppaStyle!

Sounds like someone's boy didn't make the team or get to play much! Sour grapes.:ylsuper:

 

Funny thing is...my nephew plays football and is not even a "basketball" kid, so he never tried out....As an FYI. ;)

Everybody is entitled to their opinion...but this information came from another teacher to me....so I'm led to believe that a great teacher got replaced by a coach who had more seniority (and value to the school because of winning basketball seasons.) I love sports as much as the next one, but I still beleive a school is for learning. STUDENT athlete...as in Student first athlete second. I just feel what an injustice to the kids who really want to learn and won't go on to play basketball.

 

On another note. My nephew met the Zollo kid today. Said he was really a down to earth (not show offy) type of kid. Sounds like he will be a nice addition to GRC both on and off the court.

 

Also, funny how Columbia has had not such great seasons lately and people, in the football thread, want to throw this educated man, who had a winning season not very long ago, under the bus...but you say something about the basketball coach who is on a winning streak and people assume your kid didn't make the team or isn't getting much playing time. Funny how that works!! :jump:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.